New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    The choice may seem to be obvious to most, but here are my thoughts.

1. I like the form and interior of the pajero better
    2. The Pajero has a mileage of 55t but casa maintained with complete records -- as advised by the present owner, all i need to fix is the front disk breaks
    3. Fortuner has 25t mileage
    3. Of course the pajero is cheaper by P160,000 (which gives me savings for detailing, additional mods and a nice sound system)
    4. This will be my second car. First is a jazz for daily use. I'l be using this once or twice a week only.

Need help. Im inclined to choose the pajero. Am i wrong? Please advice before i make a wrong and an unpractical decision thanks in advance!!!!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    02 Pajero -2.5 gen Fieldmaster?

I'll choose the 06 Fortuner if it is the 3.0L 4x4 "V" variant. Otherwise, choose which unit looks "fresh".

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    02 Pajero -2.5 gen Fieldmaster?

I'll choose the 06 Fortuner if it is the 3.0L 4x4 "V" variant. Otherwise, choose which unit looks "fresh".
    yes, its a pajero 2.5 gen Fieldmaster.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    yes, its a pajero 2.5 gen Fieldmaster.
    Go for the 06 Fort.
    4 years and 30T ODO difference is a lot! Yes, you'll save 160K if you go for the FM but, the wear and tear of 4 years is not equivalent to 160K...
    the sound upgrades and MODS are something you can save up on, and build piece by piece through time. If this is a once-twice a week ride, the Fort will last you longer with less headaches, not to mention it's easier to maintain and parts are abundant.

go for the Fort. The FM is nice, but the above mentioned differences in age, the Fort has my vote.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I will go with Fortuner.

4 years gap of usage is a long time already. The only thing you need to check with the Fortuner for the engine is if its diesel make sure its not 1 of those with chocking probs otherwise the 2.7gas is just fine. This is assuming all the other areas of the unit is fine you.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Which variant is the '06 Fortuner? In my opinion, if the Pajero is religiously maintained, it might give even lesser headaches in the future given that it uses an old school engine known for reliability, is cheap to maintain, has a good and spacious interior and more toys to boot. The chassis is proven and durable too, besides having 4 wheel disc brakes. The Pajero also happens to have great resale value. True, the Fortuner is the newer car, but I find the interior too cramped, the height a tad too high (somewhat prone to rollovers), and the 2.5D4D variant lacking in punch. Get the Fortuner only in 3.0D4D guise.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Which variant is the '06 Fortuner? In my opinion, if the Pajero is religiously maintained, it might give even lesser headaches in the future given that it uses an old school engine known for reliability, is cheap to maintain, has a good and spacious interior and more toys to boot. The chassis is proven and durable too, besides having 4 wheel disc brakes. The Pajero also happens to have great resale value. True, the Fortuner is the newer car, but I find the interior too cramped, the height a tad too high (somewhat prone to rollovers), and the 2.5D4D variant lacking in punch. Get the Fortuner only in 3.0D4D guise.
    we have two FM in our family. IMHO, resale value is not that good. don't know why..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If for a hobby/weekend car, I'll get the Pajero. The model has a good pedigree and a rich history. Working on a Pajero is also a breeze. Manual a/c, no ECU engine, etc.

And it's an overbuilt unit. Things like a fully boxed frame, six brakes (the parking brake is a drum brake inside the rear discs, still useable in case all four brakes fail), reasonable underbody armor, etc. Nice touches include the built-in tool organizer, two built-in flashlights, three power outlets, fold-flat seat function (makes a reasonable bed).

The only reason I'll sway towards a Fortuner is if it's a 'V' Variant.

My daily drive is an 02 model Patrol and it still feels new even today. Nothing major has broken. Come to think of it even on my brother's '97 V6 Montero/Pajero, nothing major has broken. Aside from consumables, fluids and filters, only some suspension components have been replaced.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If its an a/t and 4x4 i'll go for the Pajero.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    For TS, Sir any update on what you have decided to get?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
02 Pajero or 06 Fortuner?