New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Saw this sa comparo ng topgear. 2.0 altis vs Lancer Ex.. 2.0 altis has paddle shifts that rotate with the steering wheel while the lancer has fixed ones...

Any feedbacks sa mga nakatry..

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    for me, mas ok yung fixed kasi kung rotating, the person would not be sure if he/she is going down or up shift while steep cornering. at least sa fixed, alam mo na right would be up and left is down shift.

my 2 cents.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have driven cars with paddle shifts...

It's better if its fixed. Just like indicator signal toggles, its easier to use when its always in the same position all the time.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    i would like it fixed. if it was with the steering wheel, you might lose your sense of direction. worse you might mistake it for a horn button!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    though the rotating is nice, fixed parin po bet ko

ang masama kasi sa rotating pag hindi na centered ang alignment ng manibela mo after your abuses eh mahirap na malaman shifters hehe

i dont usually see people shifting gears while turning, mostly alam ko before at after. neither do i. pero kung effortless steering at kailangan mo magshift while turning eh ok naman siguro sa palagay ko rotating

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    its all preference anyways fix or rotating paddle shift, golden rule in racing is keep your hands on 9 and 3 degree. what happens when your on a counter steer and needs to shift? then you'll need to move your hands to shift, the rotating paddle eliminates that and keeping your hands in a right position even in a lock to lock position.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    if you're a racer, rotating paddle shifts
    have you personally raced with rotating paddle shifts?

Even professional driver Tiff N. of 5th Gear UK car TV show prefer fixed paddle shifts.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I'd go with fixed paddle shift. I could lose orientation when taking a sharp curve.....

7404:laundry:

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Driven both. Rotating paddle shifters for me.

It teaches you the best practices of driving... keeping your hands in the 9 and 3 o'clock position of the wheel. Besides, I don't see any reason to shift while the steering wheel is 180-degrees or more in either direction.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Even though I've never tried paddle shifters, I think I'd go with the FIXED ones. Why?

1. Baka nga magkamali pa ng pindot kapag wala sa center position ang manibela.
    2. Baket, yun bang kambiyo sa gitna ng driver at passenger, umiikot din? hehehe...
    3. Para consistent, yung mga light and wiper-washer switches/levers, fixed, e.
    4. Kung kailangan mag-shift while turning, pwede naman isang kamay lang ang nasa manibela (usually)... YMMV.

My 2 cents...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Fixed paddle shifts, or rotating(with the steering wheel)