New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Right now I am looking (for my parents) to get a new SUV. Right now na-check ko na yung Ford Everest and it seems ok and the deal I got and the price is tempting. But to be honest (on a personal level) I am in love with the Hyundai Santa Fe but its a bit more expensive. Pero since my parents are the type of people who look at cars as just a tool to get from A to B rather than an extension of themselves so they don't want to spend too much money on it.

I have never driven both cars, pero from what I heard the Everest is bumpy. When they say bumpy, how bumpy? Can you guys relate it compared to the Toyota Revo (their previous car) for example.

I really really appreciate any inputs!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Right now I am looking (for my parents) to get a new SUV. Right now na-check ko na yung Ford Everest and it seems ok and the deal I got and the price is tempting. But to be honest (on a personal level) I am in love with the Hyundai Santa Fe but its a bit more expensive. Pero since my parents are the type of people who look at cars as just a tool to get from A to B rather than an extension of themselves so they don't want to spend too much money on it.
    Would you be open to the option of buying a sedan instead of a SUV for them?

I have never driven both cars, pero from what I heard the Everest is bumpy. When they say bumpy, how bumpy? Can you guys relate it compared to the Toyota Revo (their previous car) for example.
    Like driving a truck. Not a good vehicle if you want smooth ride quality.

Here is one guy who was really unhappy about his purchase.

Last edited by ghosthunter; October 31st, 2008 at 10:56 AM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Nope definitely an SUV for the versatility. And they already have a sedan which is Camry.

But lets say compared to a Revo is it bumpier? Since nasanay na sila sa Revo so Revo bumbiness is tolerable.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nope definitely an SUV for the versatility. And they already have a sedan which is Camry.
    OK, because I was thinking of the issue of climbing into a tall vehicle is a bit more difficult for older people. Would they be driving or have a driver?

But lets say compared to a Revo is it bumpier? Since nasanay na sila sa Revo so Revo bumbiness is tolerable.
    Here's a comparo thread for the same vehicles you were asking about.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40215
    Last edited by ghosthunter; October 31st, 2008 at 11:05 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Here's "First drive: New Everest, Escape, Explorer" thread...

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34447

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Your parents will appreciate the smoother ride of the Santa Fe plus it has better safety features since it's being sold outside of Asia and passes US and Europe safety standard.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    OK, because I was thinking of the issue of climbing into a tall vehicle is a bit more difficult for older people. Would they be driving or have a driver?
    Di naman po sila ganun katanda. My dad is 53, mom is 51. They are old but not grumpy old if you know what I mean they still both work and run a business so hinda pa sila yung retirement age. My mom will have a driver, my dad will likely drive by himself.

Leaning towards Santa Fe, kung papayag lang sila to spend a bit more para makagamit din ako Worse comes to worse, baka magdagdag na lang ako with my own money para matuloy.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Di naman po sila ganun katanda. My dad is 53, mom is 51. They are old but not grumpy old if you know what I mean they still both work and run a business so hinda pa sila yung retirement age. My mom will have a driver, my dad will likely drive by himself.

Leaning towards Santa Fe, kung papayag lang sila to spend a bit more para makagamit din ako Worse comes to worse, baka magdagdag na lang ako with my own money para matuloy.

How about Nissan X-Trail? Its cheaper somewhat:
    250X 4x4 AT = P 1,380,000
    250 4x4 AT = P 1,270,000
    200 4x2 AT = P 1,160,000

Ride quality is also much better. Spacious inside and the cargo carrying capability is quite versatile.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hmmm... Pero diba gas mga yan? Hindi ba mas ok yung diesel ng Santa Fe and Everest?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm... Pero diba gas mga yan? Hindi ba mas ok yung diesel ng Santa Fe and Everest?
    Santa Fe 2.2 GLS 4x2 AT CRDi Dsl = Php 1,528,000
    Everest 2.5L DuraTORQ TDCi 4x2 MT= Php 1,265,000
    X-Trail 200 4x2 AT = P 1,160,000

Assuming you choosing between Sta Fe vs Xtrail

price difference = P368,000 = 8,178 liters of gasoline * P45/L

Or about 40,800 km * 5km/L fuel mileage (assumed) in the X-Trail.

How far would you have to drive the Sta-Fe to become "cheaper"?

And if you are feeling the pinch of fuel costs, you have the option of going AUTO-LPG with the donut fuel tank. GREENFUEL's demo car is a X-Trail.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; October 31st, 2008 at 11:44 AM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
For my parents: Ford Everest or Hyundai Santa Fe?