New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Which pony would you rather ride?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd rather get on Mustang Sally

17 53.13%
  • Camaros get me going

9 28.13%
  • I'd rather be in a Honda

6 18.75%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Which pony car would you rather have as your ride? There are lots of fans on either side of the fence. Where do you sit and why?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by midinite View Post
    Which pony car would you rather have as your ride? There are lots of fans on either side of the fence. Where do you sit and why?
    During the early 90's:

M/T: Mustang - 5.0
    A/T: Camaro IROC-Z/Trans Am - 5.7

My friends have both. So I've driven both. Overall, I prefer the Mustang so long as it's not an automatic.

Why? It's a Mustang. It seems lighter and lower cost, especially the Mustang LX 5.0. You never ever take one lightly no matter how plain it looked. I also like bang for the buck and the 5.0 LX was a performance bargain. I almost bought one instead of my Laser. But, my uncle steered me to the Laser because it drove a bit better in the snow.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; January 17th, 2007 at 06:19 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    During the early 90's:

M/T: Mustang - 5.0
    A/T: Camaro IROC-Z/Trans Am - 5.7

My friends have both. So I've driven both. Overall, I prefer the Mustang so long as it's not an automatic.

Why? It's a Mustang. It seems lighter and lower cost, especially the Mustang LX 5.0. You never ever take one lightly no matter how plain it looked. I also like bang for the buck and the 5.0 LX was a performance bargain. I almost bought one instead of my Laser. But, my uncle steered me to the Laser because it drove a bit better in the snow.
    Got pics?...not of the Laser though

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    bat alang pambato ang dodge? hehe. yung challenger sana.

kung sa classics, mustang ako. pero kung yung new gen mukhang maganda yung challenger concept.
    Last edited by Negus; January 17th, 2007 at 07:52 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by midinite View Post
    Got pics?...not of the Laser though
    coupe:

Hatchback:

A lot of owners took the 5.0 off. Unless you looked back for the twin tailpipes you might think it's the base V6. Or was that a 4-cylinder for the base model??
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; January 17th, 2007 at 08:37 PM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    back in the 80's,id go with the camaro.90's...nothing beats the mustang notchback(first picture above).ived owned an early 80's Z28,the last production 89 iroc and a 91 notchback stang before.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee View Post
    back in the 80's,id go with the camaro.90's...nothing beats the mustang notchback(first picture above).ived owned an early 80's Z28,the last production 89 iroc and a 91 notchback stang before.
    I hope you kept some of them. To me, they're like a faithful horse. You put em out to pasture, not the glue factory.

With cars, it's the garage, not the junkyard.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    *jun...
    nope.not a single one..lol
    i was 15-16 when i had the z28(my 2nd car).being a teenager..i pretty much ran the car to the ground..lol
    the iroc..i did take care of that.modified it and kept it till it racked alot of mileage.got tired of the gas guzzling machine and sold it.
    the notchback was pretty much a project car.after it was hooked up,i sold it too after a year of finishing the car and having fun with its power.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Tough decision but for costs you can't go wrong with both the Camaro and Mustang.

For Mustang, it's hard to beat those 5.0 Foxbody notchbacks, cheap as heck to mod and can get you in the 12's easily.

For the F-Bodies the 4 generation LT1/LS1 are also terrific cars to mod.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ToyoSoarer View Post
    Tough decision but for costs you can't go wrong with both the Camaro and Mustang.

For Mustang, it's hard to beat those 5.0 Foxbody notchbacks, cheap as heck to mod and can get you in the 12's easily.

For the F-Bodies the 4 generation LT1/LS1 are also terrific cars to mod.
    Samples of mods would be good to help the avid fans out there learn a thing or two...any pics? suggestions?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Mustang vs Camaro. Which do you like more?