New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    We're planning to get a workhorse car for occassional delivery (food) and at the same time a second car. What we have in mind is a Multicab mini-van type. Fits perfectly for our needs, big cabin space, affordable parts and economical. However, im just a bit concerned with the multicab's aircon since from what i heard, it affects the van's performance and for some reason, i dont see a lot of multicabs using ACs. Additional concerns are conversion issues, and an uncertain history of the major components (engine, trans, etc). Another option that we are considering is perhaps a 90s sedan (Sentra B14 or Corolla Bigbody). I assume the AC of these cars are a lot better, PLus, parts are plenty although Fuel economy and space are the inferior versus a minivan. A loaded Multicab from the dealer seems to cost 150~180k. FOr our budget of 100~150k, i would appreciate your insights on this topic. thanks

2. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by poorprince View Post
    We're planning to get a workhorse car for occassional delivery (food) and at the same time a second car. What we have in mind is a Multicab mini-van type. Fits perfectly for our needs, big cabin space, affordable parts and economical. However, im just a bit concerned with the multicab's aircon since from what i heard, it affects the van's performance and for some reason, i dont see a lot of multicabs using ACs. Additional concerns are conversion issues, and an uncertain history of the major components (engine, trans, etc). Another option that we are considering is perhaps a 90s sedan (Sentra B14 or Corolla Bigbody). I assume the AC of these cars are a lot better, PLus, parts are plenty although Fuel economy and space are the inferior versus a minivan. A loaded Multicab from the dealer seems to cost 150~180k. FOr our budget of 100~150k, i would appreciate your insights on this topic. thanks

If you think the surplus multicab minivans are winners in terms of fuel economy, think again. Especially when already loaded.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    With a budget of 150k, why not consider a 90's L300 van diesel, way more useful for your food business.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    With a budget of 150k, why not consider a 90's L300 van diesel, way more useful for your food business.
    L300 might be too huge. Food delivery isnt that big in terms of quantity (just pastries and desserts for the moment). Avanza (or any MPV) is perfect, but expensive

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    A carburetted multicab is good for around 6 km/l in city traffic, dependent on how badly tuned the engine is and how poor its condition is.

Partly because it's carburetted, partly because of the inefficient rear-wheel drive system, partly because of the ultra-short gearing necessary to give it the muscle to carry its own weight.

An L300 at 150k is going to be in crappy condition, but at least the diesel motor should get you around 8 km/l in traffic, and the extra flexibility in cargo space is useful.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    The L300 is a good choice, its a balance between loading capacity and fuel efficiency. Though as mentioned by Sir Niky its a bit hard to find a good condition L300 with a working A/C system. A car might be an option, but given you'll be hauling different stuff (which of course would grow as you succeed in your business), it is a bit inconvenient trying to fit them in a small trunk or cabin. Care for a diesel Tamaraw FX? You might find a good working condition (with A/C) on your budget.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    since you are considering a gas all around vehicle, with that budget, you can try FX gas of diesel (Hiside or the usual 10 seater, l300 van (Versa van or FB or a small van like liteace or vanette. Pang pamilya and pang negosyo pa!...Think ahead baka biglang magclick ang business at least ready kna...

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    +1 on Tamaraw FX

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I personally have an FX GL Gas. I use it mainly as a family vehicle though, (yon lang kasya sa budget ) I bought it at 130K, year 2011 pa yun. All I can say is, its pretty reliable, durable and easy to maintain. Though not that economical in terms of fuel consumption. I suggest you get the diesel variant, mas maganda kung GL din para mas maporma at power steering na din. Goodluck!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    +1 on Tamaraw FX
    +1 here too.

I was considering a multi-cab once as dog transport, now I have a better alternative.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast