New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Kung yung mga maliliit lang naman na karton isasakay pwedeng-pwede na ang Innova

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Nytherr View Post
    We're planning to replace our Crosswind with a brand new one. We're looking for a 7-seater MPV/AUV/SUV which can also be used for cargo hauling, but not for both at the same time, because my father hauls mga kahon for delivery during work. Our budget was limited to 800k, but we can push through 1mil. Our current choice was the Innova 2.5 J, but we're still looking if there is any better than the Innova. Our first choice was the Montero Sport GLX, pero di pa kasama yung insurance, so we'll need to pay for it pa, so we moved to the Innova. Okay sana yung Crosswind XS/XL/XT kung may changes in and out, pero it's still the same, so it's not worth it.

We will surely not get any of the following:
    - Some Vans (Hiace, Urvan, Grand Starex, Carnival etc.)
    - Any Nissan, Suzuki and all Chinese brands
    - L300 FB-like, such as the K2700 and H100
    - A price higher than 1,250,000, it's too much for our budget
    - Toyota Avanza, it may be cheap but its doors are too thin, safety is also a concern but not a very big one

We are not just looking for brand new, we may also get a 2nd hand. If you can suggest us a fitting 2nd hand, we'll appreciate it po

Thank you po

you should consider getting the Carnival... its a MPV and not a van... so it fits your criteria..

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Okay din po yan mga yan, kaso ayaw po ng tatay ko, mahaba daw po at manipis daw po, kung lalapad daw po ng kaunti eh mas okay na daw pong tignan.

Tignan po namin with the Pajero Field Master. Definitely no with the Ford E-150 Chateau.
    Hindi naman sila payat ah. Have you and your dad seen one up close in person? Width is actually similar to the Pajero. Matapang naman ang dating. And then I thought length would be a plus since you'd be loading lots of stuff? How much stuff ba talaga?

Pajero Fieldmaster is a good choice. However, do not expect to get good FC with it, especially with the matic variant. Engine is also not very punchy by today's standards.

Want something wide? Hyundai Santa Fe's got a width of 1890mm. 4660mm length means its very manageable too. All seats fold flat, you get great gas mileage and performance exceeding all the above mentioned choices...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Curious as to how big and bulky those boxes can get. The Everest is actually quite roomy, and does look butch. Never thought of it as the svelte type.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    you should consider getting the Carnival... its a MPV and not a van... so it fits your criteria..
    My father hasn't considered it yet, but we have considered it's smaller brother, the Carens. We won't try to get one, as North America is already waiting for its next generation or replacement.

Concept Vehicle:

Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Hindi naman sila payat ah. Have you and your dad seen one up close in person? Width is actually similar to the Pajero. Matapang naman ang dating. And then I thought length would be a plus since you'd be loading lots of stuff? How much stuff ba talaga?

Pajero Fieldmaster is a good choice. However, do not expect to get good FC with it, especially with the matic variant. Engine is also not very punchy by today's standards.

Want something wide? Hyundai Santa Fe's got a width of 1890mm. 4660mm length means its very manageable too. All seats fold flat, you get great gas mileage and performance exceeding all the above mentioned choices...
    Para po sa kanya, talagang payat daw po. Pero sa akin po, di naman po. That's how he sees it. We talked about the Pajero Field Master and he didn't like it. Which Santa Fe po? The new and current gen or the previous gen? He has considered getting the previous gen Santa Fe of our neighbor. Depende po kasi yung dinadala niyang kahon, I can't tell how much he carries during deliveries. All I can say is less than 10 boxes per delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Curious as to how big and bulky those boxes can get. The Everest is actually quite roomy, and does look butch. Never thought of it as the svelte type.
    We saw the Everest awhile back when we went to visit the dealership. Talagang ayaw po niya sa mga mahahaba at maninipis, at least that's how he describes the Everest and the Alterra.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    My father hasn't considered it yet, but we have considered it's smaller brother, the Carens. We won't try to get one, as North America is already waiting for its next generation or replacement.

Concept Vehicle:

Para po sa kanya, talagang payat daw po. Pero sa akin po, di naman po. That's how he sees it. We talked about the Pajero Field Master and he didn't like it. Which Santa Fe po? The new and current gen or the previous gen? He has considered getting the previous gen Santa Fe of our neighbor. Depende po kasi yung dinadala niyang kahon, I can't tell how much he carries during deliveries. All I can say is less than 10 boxes per delivery.

We saw the Everest awhile back when we went to visit the dealership. Talagang ayaw po niya sa mga mahahaba at maninipis, at least that's how he describes the Everest and the Alterra.
    Grabe naman... Considering your budget, you can only get the previous gen. Since your budget exceeds 1M, you can get Gen 2.5 with the same engine and tranny as the current gen. I honestly don't find the current gen Santa Fe worth that much money, with the 4x2 variant selling for pretty much the same as the previous gen 4x4 variant, and with the same engine too.

I don't know how tall your boxes are, but I believe you should be able to load at least 6 big boxes without stacking with all the seats up.

But seriously... I find the Everest more masculine than the Santa Fe. However, the Santa Fe is a good choice. You get midsize sedan ride quality and handling, refined, powerful and fuel efficient engine, 5 star crash rating from the US NHTSA... Pretty much everything is in the house! I've only driven Gen 2.0 and its already good enough for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12