New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hi.

I am wondering, among all the MPV variant and Car variant with automatic transmission, what model is the most fuel-efficient?
    Sana you can also put the mileage achieved by the MPV or Car.

Thanks.

car - jazz!

mpv - carens crdi or grand livinia

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    car - jazz!

mpv - carens crdi or grand livinia
    car, imho is picanto....
    mpv - carens din..

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    How about city or vios, whatever year model?

Also, for MPV, how about Innova or Crosswind?

Yung Automatic transmission ha, whats the most fuel efficient?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    my avanza can do 14 to 15kms/liter sa highway driving.. pero pag pure city driving naglalaro lang sa 8 to 9kms/liter.. odo is 23K

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    my avanza can do 14 to 15kms/liter sa highway driving..
    nothing amazing. My 1999 corolla 1.6L a/t have done over 13km/L highway driving at 100-120kph with a/c running. I would have done better if I lowered my speed to between 60 to 70kph and without a/c but I wanted to reach my destination in my lifetime.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    my avanza can do 14 to 15kms/liter sa highway driving.. pero pag pure city driving naglalaro lang sa 8 to 9kms/liter.. odo is 23K
    sir talaga? ano naman po ang takbo niyo nyan sir? kasi ako 8 to 9 kms po ako ... takbo po 120... ahihihihihi

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    pure highway driving.. edsa-slex-star-batangas-star-slex-edsa.. top speed sa star eh 155... pero average 80 to 100 lang.. walang trapik yan.. 3am ako nasa slex..

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I could hit 14-16 km/l on the Lynx back when I had stock cams. And that's a 2.0. Our 2.4 4x4 CR-V can hit 14 km/l on the highway (haven't done a pure eco-run yet, might be able to do more...), and that's an automatic.

For regular-sized (not subcompact) cars, though, no other automatic is quite as good as the Ford Focus TDCi. 20 km/l on the NLEX, about 12-14 km/l elsewhere... worst of about 8-10 km/l in traffic.

AT MPVs, hard to say. Automatic Innovas and Crosswinds aren't quite as efficient as their manual counterparts. While my MT Crosswind gets 12-14 km/l quite regularly, my AT Crosswind can't get much better than 10-12, and occassionally does 8.5 in traffic. My MT Crosswind gets 10-12 in traffic... just went to Santa Mesa and Espana... and even with an hour in the parking lot with the aircon on (at hospital, baby couldn't go inside so we had to wait in the car, and it was hot), I still got 11 km/l. On the way home, out of traffic, got 14 km/l

I guess the Avanza is the only AT AUV I've driven with decent economy, but it's very light and small, which kind of explains that. It has better third row space than the Innova, but it's not as big as a full-sized AUV.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    nothing amazing. My 1999 corolla 1.6L a/t have done over 13km/L highway driving at 100-120kph with a/c running. I would have done better if I lowered my speed to between 60 to 70kph and without a/c but I wanted to reach my destination in my lifetime.
    1.3J Avanza * 14km/L against 1.6L Corolla * 13km/L...
    aside from year model of your rides, anu po ang curb weight ng inyong sasakyan and also your BMI sirs Qwerty & GH?

Avanza J is 1083 (on paper) I think...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Most fuel efficient automatic MPV and Car?