New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2007
    mga pips.. gusto ko lang malaman mga opinions niyo..

which car's more fun to drive.?
    1996 nissan sentra super saloon/super touring or
    a 1996 toyota corolla gli? (manual)

in terms of power, handling, bumpiness, shifting..

dating car ko kasi 1991 eccs, malakas naman siyang tumakbo kaso hindi smooth yung shifting niya sa 3rd and 4rth gear. yung clutch naman, medyo matigas kaya nangangawit paa ko pag traffic.

totoo bang medyo matigas talaga clutch ng mga nissan? mas ok ba ang clutch nga mga corolla? di ko pa na try kasi mag drive ng corolla? sabi nila mas mabagal daw 1.6 ng corolla compared sa 1.6 ng nissan. panay bundok kasi dito sa amin kaya kailangan ko ng medyo malakas na kotse.
    plano ko kasing bumili next. choices ko sentra or corolla...automatic sana kunin ko kaso walang thrill pag automatic.

ano sa tingin niyo mga sir?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    parehong 1.6 pa rin naman yan eh, but I think sa torque lamang ang Sentra..

subjective kasi depende sa kausap mo, better is to drive both vehicles para ikaw magsabi kung saan ka mas comfortable...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tuwato View Post
    totoo bang medyo matigas talaga clutch ng mga nissan?
    The cable for the clutch needs to be either lubricated or replaced. Some light grease injected into the cable housing will help loosen the clutch pedal feel.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tuwato View Post
    which car's more fun to drive.?
    1996 nissan sentra super saloon/super touring or
    a 1996 toyota corolla gli? (manual)

in terms of power, handling, bumpiness, shifting..
    Assuming both are in good condition, either car will be "fun" to drive. The Toyota Corolla will slightly be easier/cheaper to maintain.

If you plan to do "upgrades", either car will do. But the Sentra is better & cheaper if you plan to do an engine swap to a SR20DE engine (rated 140-145hp stock and potentially 170-180hp with IHE/AFC mods). It can even give "acceptable" FC figures at 8 km/L in city driving. You can also do engine swaps for the corolla with the 4AGE series of engines but they do cost more and might be hard to find in some cases.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'm biased, having had an old 96 or 98 Super Saloon, but I'd reckon it's a better handler than the GLi, body seems a bit stiffer and the engine has great torque and good pick-up... but either car will be lots of fun with the proper preparation, and both are mainstays of local trackdays.

The later Sentras, though, were on the soft side, already... the Exalta line-up the worst of all, despite having the (supposedly) more powerful VTC engine. But for a project car where you're going to swap out engines, the last Sentra FE (our last Sentra) should give you the stiffest Sentra chassis with the lightest curb weight that you can find locally... (no insulation, pawis windows... real boy-racer stuff... ) perfect for an SR20 swap (as long as you include new brakes with the engine).

I suppose you could do the same with a Corolla "Lovelife" 1.3... also an engaging little car to drive. The Lovelife gives you a handsome and easy-to-dress up platform for your 4AGE swap... I love the euro-conversion look. ;)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...