New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Kahit na masyadong mahaba ang sinabi nina d_mac at GTi na karamihan naman ay imbento lang at talagang magulo lang respectively. Diba sir d_mac? Baka naman meron ka dyan poster or tarps that says na Tatapatan ng mitsubishi people ang Santa fe? Please show Us, or atlease show me. Kasi baka naman meron talaga hindi ko lang alam. you talk so much without even realizing that you're sounding stupid just as what you really are.

Sir GTi, ano po ba talaga, you are just as confusing kasi sabi mo dito na "The new Santa Fe has quality comparable to true midsize SUVs like the Prado and Pajero and premium crossovers like the CX9" while dun sa Pajero vs Santa Fe Thread you said na it's like comparing apples to oranges, pwede paki-explain kasi its really confusing Us, Me very much.

Back to the topic, i would say that The santa fe has a very Revolutionary Engine that changed the competition. But still we filipinos still favors the "tall,big, etc characteristics of the montero" That sums it up, parang more like "Culture" na. Basta ako i was inspired by the santa fe but still happy with my montero kasi i live everyday being contented with what i have hindi yung kunwari lang na "what i have" kasi it would do me no good baka mapagaya pa ako kay d_mac lungkot siguro ng magiging buhay ko kasi i have to live my whole life envying and hating everything/everyone thats not him/her and about him/her.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm apples vs oranges and apples to apples.

In terms of overall quality, which is quite a general characteristic, i would agree that the SF3 can battle in higher territory. It's quite the refined SUV.

Ridewise the SF2 was more comfy than the LC120 which was ladder on frame. Same with SF3 vs LC150. If you aren't one to care about what type of chassis for as long as the ride is good, then the SF3 competes nicely.

For that matter if you'd like to compare a few specs because these are what matter to you then apples to apples it is.

But the apples to oranges comment is made when you get to details for all or most specs. Spec for spec, you want to compare a Pajero with a Prado, etc

Posted from my iPhone

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    should be sf3(okay lang) vs explorer(gas long waiting list and some agent will piss you off - cool features such as auto park) vs cx9(gas newer and cool options) vs prado(gas/diesel overpriced)

ms- availability of parts(since it's engine is based on an old design) mas takaw nakaw and cheapest of them all

after service as one member said, halos lahat naman ng casa meron horror stories even audi(remember a meber who newly bought an audi 1 from prestige cars wala pang one month sira na and di daw pasok sa warranty) and bmw

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameTaken View Post
    Mali naman siguro sabihin na "Mismatch" para kasing ang yabang when the truth is comparable naman talaga. Pero Back to Topic, mas maganda talaga yung santa fe, its very refined inside and out. kung afford ang santa fe then go for it.
    Thanks for your input!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by doc vince View Post
    Back 2007, most of the fellas here were skeptic about the korean SUV, but the SF has a come a long way, and now it seems that the tide has changed in favor of the korean based german influenced SUV.
    Just to add comment. I don't see much of Montero or Strada here in African region, Korean cars are more visible here & as we know African region cars are more of Euro Cars due to its stability & quality.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by imperialv View Post
    We don't based our decision on resale value. Kami kung saan mas masaya at satisfied sa overall performance ng kotse dun kami.. Kaya ako never bother to check with the MS, kasi ang alam ko mas happy ako sa SF..

Btw, kahit anong SUV (2M RANGE) na seven seater, MS, Fort, SF3, or Everest, yung 3rd row, pang add on lang yan, if you really need a 3rd row, get a van.. Mas comfortable ang VAN like yung Starex or Carnival when it comes to 3rd row seats.

Regarding service, subjective yan, advantage talaga ka kung familiar ka sa service center at may kilala... Like ako, I'm not familiar with Mitsu casa so talagang HYUNDAI ang pinili ko, kasi kahit ma pa quezon city to las pinas, may dealer na pwedeng tumulong...

Lastly, puntahan mo yung dalawang kotse, kung sino ang magbibigay sa iyo ng ligaya, yun ang bilhin mo...
    Thanks sa input. So far yun ang plan. We will check both units but based on what I have read nakakalamang ang SF but si esmi gusto yun panlaban sa baha since sya ang mostly gagamit kasi ako madalas sa labas ng Pinas. BTW, we have a family friend (agent) dun kami kukuha sa kanya for sure either mapa SF or MS.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by victorevolution View Post
    should be sf3(okay lang) vs explorer(gas long waiting list and some agent will piss you off - cool features such as auto park) vs cx9(gas newer and cool options) vs prado(gas/diesel overpriced)

ms- availability of parts(since it's engine is based on an old design) mas takaw nakaw and cheapest of them all

after service as one member said, halos lahat naman ng casa meron horror stories even audi(remember a meber who newly bought an audi 1 from prestige cars wala pang one month sira na and di daw pasok sa warranty) and bmw
    Thanks sa input...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Hmmm apples vs oranges and apples to apples.

In terms of overall quality, which is quite a general characteristic, i would agree that the SF3 can battle in higher territory. It's quite the refined SUV.

Ridewise the SF2 was more comfy than the LC120 which was ladder on frame. Same with SF3 vs LC150. If you aren't one to care about what type of chassis for as long as the ride is good, then the SF3 competes nicely.

For that matter if you'd like to compare a few specs because these are what matter to you then apples to apples it is.

But the apples to oranges comment is made when you get to details for all or most specs. Spec for spec, you want to compare a Pajero with a Prado, etc

Posted from my iPhone
    Thanks sa idea... This will help us.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Apples vs oranges does not mean one is superior than the other, it just means it may be difficult to compare since their setups are different. Much like comparing the LC200 and BMW X3, same price range but each is built for different purposes.

To the TS, my previous ride was the MS GLS-V and my current is the SF3. What is your main purpose for the vehicle? Go offroad and wade into streams or floodwater? Then by all means get the Montero. However, if what is important to you is refinement, better ride comfort, better interior but built for softroading, then Santa Fe it is.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    ^
    (For me) This is the most sensible comment so far in this thread

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast