New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I plan on getting a montero sport. Which of the two variants is good? In terms of fuel consumption? Im just gonna use it for city driving and perhaps a monthly out of town. Thank you.

Or should I just get the gls-v a/t variant? (I just considered taking a look at the 3.2 because of the 105k discount, roughly 1.615 compared to the 1.668 newer model).

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vegnagun29 View Post
    I plan on getting a montero sport. Which of the two variants is good? In terms of fuel consumption? Im just gonna use it for city driving and perhaps a monthly out of town. Thank you.

Or should I just get the gls-v a/t variant? (I just considered taking a look at the 3.2 because of the 105k discount, roughly 1.615 compared to the 1.668 newer model).
    Get the GT-V, smaller but more powerful 2.5 VGT engine. More fuel efficient than the 3.2 engine.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    FIRST TIME?.....

Congrats at dahil dyan nabastos mo un thread ng 2011 montero sports.

Sapagkat yang katanungan mo ay nasagot na ng karamihan na may MS SE at V.

Kundi naman, may search engine dito at madali i-type yan ....

Goodluck on your quest sir/mam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^ sama naman nyan...
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vegnagun29 View Post

If you're going to use the car for city driving only and no real offroading, you may not find a use for the 4x4. Save some money, go for the GLS-V A/T.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I think the GTV is the one with Variable Geometry Turbo and Common Rail Injection. These are state of the air technologies which increase the horsepower of an engine. The engine is a 4D56. Same engine as an L300 and the old Pajero but supped up. It's also a smaller engine (2.5 liter). If I had money to spare, that's the one I would get. A smaller engine means better fuel consumption especially when idling in traffic. But with the VGT and CRDI, you get the horsepower when you it. This one packs 178 horsepower.

The Hyundai Santa Fe has the same technology but packs even more horsepower with an even smaller engine. Pretty cool stuff.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    All Montero models with the "V" suffix are equipped with the Variable Geometry Turbo.

So pati yung GLS-V, meron na rin.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    If you're going to use the car for city driving only and no real offroading, you may not find a use for the 4x4. Save some money, go for the GLS-V A/T.
    Thank you. Im thinking on getting the gls-v a/t. Its more practical. Though the SA said that I have to wait for a week or two. This is really helpful.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Chipsg View Post
    I think the GTV is the one with Variable Geometry Turbo and Common Rail Injection. These are state of the air technologies which increase the horsepower of an engine. The engine is a 4D56. Same engine as an L300 and the old Pajero but supped up. It's also a smaller engine (2.5 liter). If I had money to spare, that's the one I would get. A smaller engine means better fuel consumption especially when idling in traffic. But with the VGT and CRDI, you get the horsepower when you it. This one packs 178 horsepower.

The Hyundai Santa Fe has the same technology but packs even more horsepower with an even smaller engine. Pretty cool stuff.
    Sorry I am not familiar with santa fe. But Ive seen a lot of posts regarding this vehicle. Im gonna check on this as well. Thanks.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    All Montero models with the "V" suffix are equipped with the Variable Geometry Turbo.
    Masyadong proud kaya may "V" pa eh.

Get the GT-V. Newer year model, more features, smaller displacement, more efficient, less noise, more power.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
montero sport 3.2 gls se or 2.5 gtv