New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Appreciate feed back on which is better... most probably for the MT models. Thanks

2. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by boogie18 View Post
    Appreciate feed back on which is better... most probably for the MT models. Thanks
    I don't really know how to compare this coz montero is suv carens is mpv. But here is my opinion, for more family use i will take the carens coz of better ride, more comfort and more family oriented. Montero more of a personal car and 5 seater coz the 3rd row is cramped. For me i will choose montero just for the reason it's a more manly car.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Usually if for family use mas advisable ang MPV over SUV, but in the Case of Carens and Montero its a different story kasi mas cramped ang seats ng carens counter montero. kaya its a matter of Space vs Comfort na lang siguro.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Neither car has a great third row. Space is similar otherwise. The Montero's only big advantage is in headroom.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The best way to know would be to check out both in the showroom with all of those who will be constantly riding your car. The Carens being the lighter car, should be faster and more fuel efficient though. The Montero is not known for its fuel efficiency.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I'd get a KIA Carnival SWB instead at 1.15M. Carens is way too expensive nowadays.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    One concern with the Carnival would be fuel consumption. 2.9L is a fairly big engine.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Carnival is a fairly massive car so 2.9L CRDI VGT is about right to move it around spritely. However, in other markets, it also comes with the 2.2 REVGT engine. Not sure when KIA PH would sell one locally though. Fuel economy would probably be in the region of 7-10km/L depending on the driver's driving abilities and habits.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    If I had the budget and was only choosing between the two, I'll get the Montero in a heartbeat. It is just a different league, level, or class as you may. The current Carens is overpriced. It reached the price of the Montero and that is the biggest reason you might be pitting them with each other.

The Carens must lower its price (which is whats going on right now) so it goes back competing with the cars within its class. Then, only then it can have a chance of winning... IMO.