New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    I am looking at two monteros at BPI's foreclosed vehicles. Both are 2010 models, and are priced at slightly over 1M. The 2010 4x4 M/T has only 6K+ mileage, while the 4x2 a/t has only 17K mileage. Which would be a better value?

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    Are these non-vgt models?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by altec View Post
    I am looking at two monteros at BPI's foreclosed vehicles. Both are 2010 models, and are priced at slightly over 1M. The 2010 4x4 M/T has only 6K+ mileage, while the 4x2 a/t has only 17K mileage. Which would be a better value?

4x4 vs 4x2, at AT vs MT ay kumporme sa prefference mo.
    6k vs 17k mileage, obviously favor sa 6k.

Things to consider din ang price!?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    1. what do you want? MT or AT?
    2. do you need a 4x4?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    4x2 AT.

Unless kelangan mo ng 4x4. Personally kasi, kapag ganyan na SUV, ayoko na mag-manual. Hanggang sedan lang talaga ako magmamanual. Anything bigger, AT na.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    4x2 AT.

Unless kelangan mo ng 4x4. Personally kasi, kapag ganyan na SUV, ayoko na mag-manual. Hanggang sedan lang talaga ako magmamanual. Anything bigger, AT na.
    Care to share the reason of your preference to AT transmission when it comes to SUVs?

For me, if Metro Manila area ka baka AT talaga ang fit sayo. Pero kung outside the Metro ka, MT na lang for extra mileage.

Of course, you have to consider yung mga sinabi above ng mga gurus dito like price, mileage etc.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Get the 4x4 na lang, wala naman difference kung chauffer driven kasi pasahero ka lang, tapos 6k lang yung tinakbo. Mas bang for the buck.

OT: Social climbers siguro mga dating mayari niyan. 6k at 17k pa lang tinakbo nahila na agad.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Lapella View Post
    Care to share the reason of your preference to AT transmission when it comes to SUVs?

For me, if Metro Manila area ka baka AT talaga ang fit sayo. Pero kung outside the Metro ka, MT na lang for extra mileage.

Of course, you have to consider yung mga sinabi above ng mga gurus dito like price, mileage etc.
    Personally, I like driving sedans in MT form. Kahit ma-stuck ako sa traffic, MT pa rin ako as long as sedan.

Personal preference lang, hindi ko kasi feel mag-drive ng malaking sasakyan tapos manual. Kapag SUVs, even Innova's.. mas preferred ko AT na. Experience ko na rin during the past -- Fortuner 3.0L D4D, Revo EFi, Forester, Starex GRX, Pajero Bulldog etc. etc. lahat sila AT.

Tapos recently, when I sat on an Innova MT parang... hindi ko siya gamay as much as when I'm given a sedan with a stick shift. Although I've never driven it.

I've driven a Frontier na manual up and down the winding roads of Cebu, though.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Given that both are priced similarly, and also given that you have the legs, get the M/T 4x4. It can take you to more places, give you better gas mileage, and last longer. Personally, I don't particularly find anything amiss with driving bigger manual cars. Big diesels are actually quite easy to drive. Lots of low end torque means you don't have to shift gears too much and hanging is made much easier.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Mag-ooffroad ka ba often? Then get the 4x4 MT.
    Ipanghaharabas mo ba pang-negosyso? Then get the 4x4 MT.
    Plano mo ba magrezing-rezing? Then get the 4x4 MT.

Other than that, I don't see why you need to get it in 4x4 MT form. As a city cruiser and/or family car, mas convenient mag-AT. Hindi mo rin naman kailangan ng 4x4 kung primarily city-dweller ka lang.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
montero 4x4 m/t vs 4x2 a/t