New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Fellow Tsikoteers, my father is planning to buy a Used car/wagon. He wants a roomier vehicle (he's selling his old Sentra) but not too big (pickups, SUVs) because of his "not so good" eyesight (at 70, he was recently diagnosed of having early stages of Cataract). His budget is Php200k.

He's asking me what brand of car/wagon to buy so here's our list: Spacewagon, Esteem, or Optra. Please help us decide what car/wagon to purchase. Adding another choice in the list is also welcome.

Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    In terms of parts availability and ease of maintenance, I'd go with the spacewagon. Had an opel astra wagon before-gwapo pero medyo pihikan sa maintenance. Since he's 70 better get one with easier parts and maintenance.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    My friend's Esteem (MT)is very fuel efficient. As in tipid. Feeling nga namin mas matipid pa sa mga ka-age nya na sedan eh. Ang mahal nga lang ng AC system nung nasira compressor, but hey! That's a compressor kahit anong brand naman ata ng oto mahal ang compressor eh. Napaka simpleng oto. I dont think mas may advantage ang Space Wagon sa parts since, rare model din naman itong maiituturing. I suggest you survey shops on banawe kung sino mas madali ka makakahanap parts and get the best maintained unit.

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    Mas pick ko dito ang Spacewagon. Pero kung fuel economy paguusapan, go for the facelift models which are the 1997-199 ones. And bonus pa diyan may third row

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    nissan california.. grey market corolla wagon.. AUV!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by myk384 View Post
    Mas pick ko dito ang Spacewagon. Pero kung fuel economy paguusapan, go for the facelift models which are the 1997-199 ones. And bonus pa diyan may third row
    92-94 Models are carb type. The 95-98, who's having two tone paint job and crystallized headlamps are fuel injected models. Both are 1.8L engines. Esteem pa din ako :D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Space Wagon would have the best parts availability if you ask me. We've owned a 1996 1.8L (EFI) and it served us well. We had it up to around 2001 (with 130,000kms). Suspension bits were easily repaired, the only engine breakdown i had was the water pump and thankfully we did not encounter the usual Mitsu EFI idle problems (repairable if you encounter this).

Power is acceptable, I never bothered on getting the FC before but i'd guess the manual does around 7-8km/L in the city. The A/C is weak though since it has no rear a/c so better have good tints and get a model in a light color if possible to help keep the interior cool.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    I dont think mas may advantage ang Space Wagon sa parts since, rare model din naman itong maiituturing. I suggest you survey shops on banawe kung sino mas madali ka makakahanap parts and get the best maintained unit.

------------------------
    Once Upon a Time Season 1 DVD
    The Vampire Diaries Season 3 DVD

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    We already settled for the 1999 Mitsubishi Space Wagon. Maraming salamat po sa mga replies nyo Tsikoteers. It really helped us decide.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    boss,sn ka po nakakuha nyang spacewagon mo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast