New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Hello po mga katsikot,gusto ko po lamang magtanong at malaman kung ano mas maganda at maaasahan na bilhin ko sana yung kahit lumang modelo na kotse umpisa 1990 to 98.pang back up car ko lang sana kaya gusto ko ay yung matipid at madali mahanap pyesa nya.kaya baka pwedeng magsuggest kayo anong car,model,brand at bakit?hehe.sa akin kasi ay namimili ako sa mitsubishi lancer,nissan sentra at toyota corolla pero di ko alam sa mga lumang modelo nila ang may magandang performance sa fuel consumption at availability of spareparts.salamat sa mga inputs nyo.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Generally it would be the Toyota Corolla... your choice if 1.4 or 1.6 version.

AE111 (love life corolla) will be newer but the interior is a bit more cramped. The older AE101 (big body corolla) has a bigger interior. Mechanically, both models share many parts between them so easy enough to find parts.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Alternative choice would the Nissan Sentra. Your choice of 1.3L or 1.4L or 1.6L engines. Generally stay with the 1.4 as a good balance of fuel economy with power.

With the newer B14 sentra, avoid the EXALTA models as they are heavier and tend to consume more fuel. Mechanically the B13 and B14 Sentras share many mechanical components. The only place they differ is the rear suspension. The B13 has the independent rear suspension design. The B14 has the beam type suspension.

The B13 sentra also came out with the LEC version which is underpowered and is pretty much stripped down of most power amenities. I suggest to avoid this particular model since you can get spare parts easier for the 1.4 and 1.6 variants.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; March 14th, 2014 at 06:14 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by glxexurb View Post
    Hello po mga katsikot,gusto ko po lamang magtanong at malaman kung ano mas maganda at maaasahan na bilhin ko sana yung kahit lumang modelo na kotse umpisa 1990 to 98.pang back up car ko lang sana kaya gusto ko ay yung matipid at madali mahanap pyesa nya.kaya baka pwedeng magsuggest kayo anong car,model,brand at bakit?hehe.sa akin kasi ay namimili ako sa mitsubishi lancer,nissan sentra at toyota corolla pero di ko alam sa mga lumang modelo nila ang may magandang performance sa fuel consumption at availability of spareparts.salamat sa mga inputs nyo.

Luma na rin sir kaya don't expect too much on fuel consumption. I'd pick either Lancer or Corolla.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i was getting 8-10 km/li with my 1997 sentra ex, with its 1.4 li engine. aircon always on.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    for me choose B13 Nissan Sentra ECCS. all power,efi, having 1.6 engine.

I have this car B13 ECCS 92 model and the FC is 8-9 km/li on city driving and 12-14 km/li sa hiway. AC always on.

Regarding sa parts, madaming available parts ang nissan and hindi naman mahal ang pyesa nya. AC is very cold because it is nissan.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    B13 and B14 Nissan Sentra for me...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I would suggest you get a Sentra B14 super saloon. That's a good start up car.

If you could get 98-99 model, that would be a bit updated with safety features cos it already comes with ABS and driver's side airbag.

Another nice choice would be a 'lovelife' AE111 Corolla GLi. Piece of advice, please get the fuel injected (TOTL) variants. Best value IMO.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    i will go for LEC PS. it is fuel efficient, easy to maintain and probably cheaper than what the others had suggested. since it is a nissan, you will be assured of cool aircon systems and reliable suspension, malambot. just my 2 cents. i had one before and i really love it.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    sa akin kasi ay namimili ako sa mitsubishi lancer,nissan sentra at toyota corolla pero di ko alam sa mga lumang modelo nila ang may magandang performance sa fuel consumption at availability of spareparts.salamat sa mga inputs nyo.

New Esky Honey Bee CPX 6CH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast