New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Hi guys... need some more advise after back reading the different car comparison and reviews. I am now cut down my choices to the 3 above models. (Initially considered Fiesta HB 1.5 Trend and Avanza 1.3E).

The car will be used mainly for daily driving of my wife from house to office or for driving our little girl to school. Maybe some occasional weekend family Bonding.

Mirage - I considered mirage because its small and easier to manoeuvre considering my wife has just been driving for a couple of months. I was initially going for this until I realised the they my have good upgrades for the mirage by 2015 that would lower my resale value after around 5 years.

Honda City - Good reviews on the City plus its a all new model. However with the E variant, it seems that it looks bare and naked compared to the VX model.

Hyudai Accent - Fuel economy plus bigger car. Problem with the model is it does not have ABS and the car rims are still on steel...

Please help me decide...

TIA

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Mirage for me

I am a diesel fan pero mahal na nung accent compared sa mirage. Napakatagal ata bawiin yun. And also for your wife. Mas madali idrive

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Mirage GLS 648K

City 1.5E 796K

Accent HB 858K

TS magkano ba alloted budget mo? Wala ata vios sa choices?

I like your thread. Planning to start the same one, i guess makikibasa na lang din ako dito. Since pareho tayo preferences sa kukunin.

The wife and i are contemplating to buy a new one 4th quarter this year or early next year.

Hopefully marami may inputs dito.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Mirage GLS 648K

City 1.5E 796K

Accent HB 858K

TS magkano ba alloted budget mo? Wala ata vios sa choices?

I like your thread. Planning to start the same one, i guess makikibasa na lang din ako dito. Since pareho tayo preferences sa kukunin.

The wife and i are contemplating to buy a new one 4th quarter this year or early next year.

Hopefully marami may inputs dito.

Preferably Im looking at 800K budget.... Did not consider vios kasi i did not like the way it look... mukahang malungkut na mukha heheheh

5. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Might want to include the Ertiga glx at in your options. It's priced a bit above 800k for the top of the line but initial reviews look promising and it's pretty spacious and versatile. I'm looking at one myself as a replacement for our aging city.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by alvingawhung View Post
    Preferably Im looking at 800K budget.... Did not consider vios kasi i did not like the way it look... mukahang malungkut na mukha heheheh
    Same here looking at 800k to 850k budget.

Ang mahal kasi ng honda!

Hehe admittedly i really like the Jazz pero mahal talaga. Gumugulo choices ko pag icoconsider ko yung jazz.

Pati ecosport sumasagi sa isip ko.

Brio and amaze hindi mo isasali sa choices?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Among your choices it would be the Honda City. Had a Mirage G4, sold it after a few months since the overall feel and quality of the vehicle didn't suit me. BUT if your wife is a new driver, better to get the cheapest car among the 3 which is the Mirage. The vehicle will most likely experience a lot of mishaps here and there so it's better to get the cheaper car first then just upgrade after a few years when the wife becomes a seasoned driver.

Personally, would get the Honda Jazz but since the price is so close to the Mazda 3 ... considered the Ford Ecosport before but the transmission issue is a turn off and didn't like the interior much ... then there's the upcoming Mazda 2 ... oh, and there's a rumour about the Mazda CX-3 and Honda Vezel / HR-V ...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    TS musta?

Bought a car already?

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    I have 2014 Hyundai Accent Hatchback MT, I am very satisfied with its power and fuel economy. But in the given situation, IMHO, Mirage will suit you best. Mas madadalian yung wife mo na idrive ang mas maliit na sasakyan, and 3 lang kayo sa family nyo, I think space is not that an issue.

No offense sir, pero nung pumili ako ng car, hindi ko iniisip yung resale value. Since this is my first car, and regalo din ni erpat nung makaGraduate, I want to keep it for so many many years. :drive1:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my choices (in order of preference)

a) Accent CRDi
    b) City
    c) Mirage

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast