New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Accent CRDi is quick, but not really that quick. Quicker than the 1.5, so 0-100 times should be in the 10 second range with the manual and 10.5-11 for the auto. (Gas 1.6s are around 11.5)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The Accent CRDi is quick, but not really that quick. Quicker than the 1.5, so 0-100 times should be in the 10 second range with the manual and 10.5-11 for the auto. (Gas 1.6s are around 11.5)
    1.6L sedans can do 10 to 12 second 0-100kph times.

So if the Accent CRDi will do 11, it's not any different from gasoline 1.6L cars.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Inmo, if u think of fuel economy accent crdi is the wise choice. Ok sana ford focus especially ung totl but my problem pa din sa powershift transmission ng ford. Civic is reliable car but wait for the new facelift this year or next year. Ilalabas na kaya ng toyota ang bagong corolla altis this year? Hmm

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    1.6L sedans can do 10 to 12 second 0-100kph times.

So if the Accent CRDi will do 11, it's not any different from gasoline 1.6L cars.
    Yeah... but current model 1.6s are heavy suckers. Typically 12-14 second range.

Of modern AT subcompacts, the Fiesta is around 12 seconds, the Honda Jazz around 11.4. None of the subcompacts are quicker. The Accent CRDi AT feels much quicker than the Fit, so it should be closer to 10 seconds... though I doubt it will get under.

Typical 2.0 territory nowadays thanks to CVTs is around 9.0 - 9.5 seconds. Focus TDCi was around 8.5 seconds with the Dual Clutch. No way can the four-speed Accent match that.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I'm dropping the accent based on what i heard from people who owns or review it. How about the civic, does being a SOHC really a disadvantage? If yes i'll narrow my choices na lang with the lancer and focus. So which is better between the two in terms of my criteria in the first post?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameTaken View Post
    I'm dropping the accent based on what i heard from people who owns or review it. How about the civic, does being a SOHC really a disadvantage? If yes i'll narrow my choices na lang with the lancer and focus. So which is better between the two in terms of my criteria in the first post?
    Not really. Most of Honda's engines are SOHC, even its V6's. But the Jazz 1.5 (SOHC) is definitely better than the Vios 1.5 (DOHC). The CRV with this (R20) engine is known to be more fuel efficient than the previous model with the DOHC K20 engine (present in the FD 2.0).

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    The Civic would be a good pick specially in the top of the line 2.0 trim. It actually looks very nice. I think its an under rated car.
    Good price and features.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The new R20 is a good engine, but personally... bitin. I don't see much point getting a 2.0 Civic over a 1.8, when the difference in power delivery is not really that noticeable in daily driving.

Unlike the Focus 1.6 -> 2.0 or Lancer 1.6 -> 2.0 where there's a night and day difference. This is not to say the Civic 2.0 isn't powerful, just that the 1.8 is more than enough motor for anybody.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I guess we should also consider the 2.0L Altis. How well does it stack up against its 2.0L & 1.6L counterparts? Maybe a breakdown of the pros&cons of the current Asian compacts will help the TS.

2.0L - Focus, Civic, Altis, Lancer, Impreza
    1.8L - Civic, Elantra
    1.6L - Altis, Focus, Lancer, Elantra

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The new R20 is a good engine, but personally... bitin. I don't see much point getting a 2.0 Civic over a 1.8, when the difference in power delivery is not really that noticeable in daily driving.

Unlike the Focus 1.6 -> 2.0 or Lancer 1.6 -> 2.0 where there's a night and day difference. This is not to say the Civic 2.0 isn't powerful, just that the 1.8 is more than enough motor for anybody.
    I suppose that'd be because the R18 is about as good as many 2.0's already. Just curious though, how does the R20 stack up against the old K20 in terms of performance? A friend of mine owns an FD 2.0S. With the use of paddle shifters, it was actually faster off the line than our J30 Accord, with the Accord going ahead only when hitting the triple digits.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Mitsubishi Lancer GTa/ Ford Focus S/ Accent Crdi/ honda civic 2.0