New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    200k difference is a lot. Kayang kaya mo na maglagay ng performance mods with that.

I still like RWD compared to 4WD here in the Philippines. And based on porma, coupe parin talaga yun tinitignan ng mata natin rather than 4-door sedan.

According to people, mabigat daw clutch ng Genesis Coupe eh. I think the shifter in the Ralliart would be WAY better.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Which of the two would you want to get?

Mitsubishi Lancer EX RALLIART 2.0T
    Price: P1,948,000 (after discounts)
    engine: 2.0 DOHC 16V I4 - Turbo
    hp: 240hp * 6000rpm
    torque: 343Nm * 3000rpm
    tranny: 6-speed TC-SST / AWD
    curbweight: 1,572 kg

Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T AT
    Price: P 1,758,000
    engine: 2.0 DOHC 16V I4 - Turbo
    hp: 210hp * 6000rpm
    torque: 299Nm * 2000rpm
    tranny: 5-speed AT / RWD
    curbweight: 1,525 kg
    where did you get the figure of ralliart?

i checked it last week. the price is not what you've posted

and it's indent like GC.

if you know a dealer who have this unit ready please inform me.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    I think it makes more sense to compare the GC 3.8 V6 A/T for a closer price gap. I'm not sure if people actually buy a GC 2.0T premium as for only 100k more, you get an extra 100+ hp. Or for even less than 2.0T premium price, you get a GC 3.8 V6 M/T.
    Last edited by ryan; January 10th, 2011 at 11:31 AM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    I think it makes more sense to compare the GC 3.8 V6 A/T for a closer price gap. I'm not sure if people actually buy a GC 2.0T premium as for only 100k more, you get an extra 100+ hp.
    I guess there are those who are after that "premium" feel.

Biased ako sa GC

and with the price difference I'll take the route one of our club members took, he slapped an Evo Turbo on his GC.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost recon View Post
    where did you get the figure of ralliart?

i checked it last week. the price is not what you've posted

and it's indent like GC.

if you know a dealer who have this unit ready please inform me.

Here:
    http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/u...UPricelist.jpg

The pricelist might be getting old though.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    from the figures alone (i havent had the chance to drive either cars), ill take the EX. AWD would give better handling.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    200k difference is a lot. Kayang kaya mo na maglagay ng performance mods with that.

I still like RWD compared to 4WD here in the Philippines. And based on porma, coupe parin talaga yun tinitignan ng mata natin rather than 4-door sedan.

According to people, mabigat daw clutch ng Genesis Coupe eh. I think the shifter in the Ralliart would be WAY better.

RWD is great fun in ideal conditions but it can be dangerous in bad weather or simply bad roads or roads with loose surface (gravel or sand on it). I have spun out RWD vehicles before simply because of some loose gravel or sand in the corner as I applied power at the apex.

It wouldn't have happened if i had AWD to help me grip and correct the car.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    I think it makes more sense to compare the GC 3.8 V6 A/T for a closer price gap. I'm not sure if people actually buy a GC 2.0T premium as for only 100k more, you get an extra 100+ hp. Or for even less than 2.0T premium price, you get a GC 3.8 V6 M/T.

A 3.8L car will give you 3.8L performance for 3.8L fuel consumption.

A 2.0T will give you 3.0L performance (give or take) for 2.0L fuel consumption.

So it does make most sense to compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges or as close as the options available will give you.

Price is not the only factor to compare cars, in fact it should be the last item to be used to compare cars.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; January 10th, 2011 at 12:23 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    that's the problem with RWD.

that's why i only switch off my traction control if needed. most of the time it is "on".

10. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    A 3.8L car will give you 3.8L performance for 3.8L fuel consumption.

A 2.0T will give you 3.0L performance (give or take) for 2.0L fuel consumption.

So it does make most sense to compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges or as close as the options available will give you.

Price is not the only factor to compare cars, in fact it should be the last item to be used to compare cars.
    Yes, its true that car price is not the only factor.

However, since the GC V6 is readily available, I doubt most people who are in the market for such a car will consider the 2.0T premium especially when you can get much more performance on a V6 M/T for less money (or add 100k more for A/T) without affecting your car's warranty which is 5-years in Hyundai's case.

Also, I don't think fuel consumption matters too much for people with a budget for 2M performance cars.

But having said that, a 2.0T performance car will surely not give the same fuel consumption as a normal 2.0 car. Although 2.0T like the Ralliart will most probably consume less gas than V6, I think might need to use higher octane fuel (like Blaze) for the turbo engine. So any consumption savings will be offset by more expensive fuel and running costs will probably be even or negligible.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Mitsubishi Lancer EX RALLIART 2.0T vs Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T