New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Comment nman po para sa dalawang car na choice ko di ko kc alam kung anong da best na bilhin sa dalawa.
    manual transmission ang preferred ko, sa lancer ex kc baka masyadong malakas sa gas pero gusto ko kc yung exterior nya.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    These two are very different cars. The Elantra is known to pack quite a punch despite the small engine and there is the harmony between the engine and the 6 speed transmission absent in many cars. If you're not a very fast driver, you'd be surprised at the level of performance this car can give you. And the design is really nice in a very unique way.

If the Lancer EX GLX you are looking for is the manual variant then the fuel consumption shouldn't be too bad. Though of course it wouldn't be anywhere near the Elantra's just as the Elantra's engine performance wouldn't be anywhere near the Lancer's. I personally believe the Lancer's look is more timeless, something that wouldn't look out of place even ten or twenty years later.

In the end it would be up to you. What are your preferences and requirements?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    sa idea na binigay mo parang mas gusto ko na nga ang hyundai elantra pero siguro i should try to test drive muna ang elantra, na test drive ko na kc lancer ex glx maganda talaga performance. maybe ang fuel consumption ng hyundai elantra mas matipid rather than the lancer ex as you said nga i'll be surprised about the performance of elantra kaya parang mas gusto ko na ang hyundai elantra. Anyway thanks a lot at least i already have my idea diba.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rye pad View Post
    Comment nman po para sa dalawang car na choice ko di ko kc alam kung anong da best na bilhin sa dalawa.
    manual transmission ang preferred ko, sa lancer ex kc baka masyadong malakas sa gas pero gusto ko kc yung exterior nya.

For the Lancer EX GLX, it rated for around 10.5km/L although in practice you might get more of 9.5km/L. Not bad for a big car with a 2.0L engine.

Do note that heavy traffic will give you worst fuel economy figures but that is the same with all cars.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    sa idea na binigay mo parang mas gusto ko na nga ang hyundai elantra pero siguro i should try to test drive muna ang elantra, na test drive ko na kc lancer ex glx maganda talaga performance. maybe ang fuel consumption ng hyundai elantra mas matipid rather than the lancer ex as you said nga i'll be surprised about the performance of elantra kaya parang mas gusto ko na ang hyundai elantra. Anyway thanks a lot at least i already have my idea diba.
    Yes, in fact bro niky was impressed with the way the Elantra performed. After all 130ps is very respectable for a 1.6L engine. It is actually more powerful than the Focus 1.8L (125ps). So there's this good balance between performance and fuel economy. Though if you have a heavy foot and like to let loose every so often, the Lancer should be the better choice for you. Just try out both and compare side by side.

Happy car hunting then!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    i just want a car for everyday use, sa metro manila pa naman halos everyday ma traffic tlaga. tama na yung gumgastos ako sa gas everyday na worth 500 to 800 lang basta within metro manila lang. kung ganun lang magagastos ko sa gas sa lancer ex ito kukunin ko pero baka lagpas 1K ang magagastos ko sa gas sa lancer ex. kaya pag dating sa fuel economy mas lamang ang elantra 1.6 and much more cheaper pa i think mga 7++K lang ang lancer ex glx mga 990K if im not wrong. Thanks again for that idea!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i just want a car for everyday use, sa metro manila pa naman halos everyday ma traffic tlaga. tama na yung gumgastos ako sa gas everyday na worth 500 to 800 lang basta within metro manila lang. kung ganun lang magagastos ko sa gas sa lancer ex ito kukunin ko pero baka lagpas 1K ang magagastos ko sa gas sa lancer ex. kaya pag dating sa fuel economy mas lamang ang elantra 1.6 and much more cheaper pa i think mga 7++K lang ang lancer ex glx mga 990K if im not wrong. Thanks again for that idea!

you are wrong ... Lancer EX GLX M/T = SRP P855,000 (cash w/ all discounts)

8. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    i just want a car for everyday use, sa metro manila pa naman halos everyday ma traffic tlaga. tama na yung gumgastos ako sa gas everyday na worth 500 to 800 lang basta within metro manila lang. kung ganun lang magagastos ko sa gas sa lancer ex ito kukunin ko pero baka lagpas 1K ang magagastos ko sa gas sa lancer ex...
    What will be your expected Kilometer per day so we can estimate?

...kaya pag dating sa fuel economy mas lamang ang elantra
    That's very possible for Elantra but your not sure with their reliability, unlike lancer it was proven & tested for more than a decade!

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Whoa~ 500-800 pesos worth of gas per day?! Gaano kalayo ba ang daily commute mo bro? I travel an average of 160kms/week only and that's 1000 pesos worth of diesel I fill up every week. If your daily commute is mostly city driving and you travel so much as to consume 500-800 pesos/day then you'd better get the Elantra. If mostly highway, then pwede ka magluho sa Lancer.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I will chose lancer, although FC is a little bit higher compare to elantra.
    For performace e mas ok ang lancer, sa external design a little bit advantage ang elantra. Pero nasa tumitigin pa rin yan kaya for me mas favorable pa rin ang lancer sa overall.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Mitsubishi Lancer EX glx 2.0 VS Hyudai Elantra 1.6 gls MT