New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    planning to buy a second hand close van for my business. ano po ang mas matibay at ano mas maganda ang fuel consumption? thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Go for the Kia, bigger engine (albeit its similar Mitsu design). Medyo hindi mainit sa mga ASBU.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Dont have experience with the KIA but I know that its CBU,and bigger cargo area. I think its engine is a 2.7 or 2.8 not sure. Looks durable.

The L300 has been around since the 1980s. I currently run 6 units of L300 delivery vans. Most are old W plate from late 1997-1999 models. 2 are 2013 models. No change from at all. We dont load heavy stuff. Most common problems are smoke belching, power steering hose, suspension (ball joints, center post, tie racks and rack ends) and brake caps. I attribute them to the age of the units and the fact that the units with these problems were purchased 2nd hand with doubtful maintenance.

I had one unit totally submerged by flood. As in the water was higher than the roof. Changed all fluids, repaired alternator and starter, overhauled the injection pump and its running again.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kia for me. A tito of mine has one from the early 2000s used in their business and it's still running well enough. More space and bigger engine to boot.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    thanks for all your reply!

*userfriendly what is the fuel consumption of L300? i've heard the k2700 kia daw is 10km/L hindi ba parang malakas yun? thanks!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    If your going to use it for transporting heavier items, I would go for the Kia for having the bigger engine and body, as what userfriendly said, I also encountered the same problems with our L300 vans with smoke belching and power steering problems. Don't know how the pricing of spare parts for kia are, but I heard the Kia Pride is affordable to maintain with abundant parts.

Since your also buying it second hand, might as well take a look at how both cars were maintained, since you will be using them for business, you can't have them frequently bogging down on you.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    I saw a few years back a kia 2.7 bnew I think without plates pa nga... loaded maybe less than 10 passengers...

It cant go over a not so steep road... I forgot the st.. but its a shortcut going to tagaytay from batangas....

nagbabaan yung mga sakay nung kia...... samantalang yung mb100 na gamit naming nasa 10 kmi including driver... kayang kayang umakyat dun...

if I were you go for L300 VAN... mausok lang talaga...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post
    I saw a few years back a kia 2.7 bnew I think without plates pa nga... loaded maybe less than 10 passengers...

It cant go over a not so steep road... I forgot the st.. but its a shortcut going to tagaytay from batangas....

nagbabaan yung mga sakay nung kia...... samantalang yung mb100 na gamit naming nasa 10 kmi including driver... kayang kayang umakyat dun...

if I were you go for L300 VAN... mausok lang talaga...
    Minsan nasa driver din yun. Pag di sanay sa pagbwelo sa akyatan ganun nangyayari.

Sent from my C6903 using Tsikot Forums Mobile App mobile app

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by agent_mac View Post
    thanks for all your reply!

*userfriendly what is the fuel consumption of L300? i've heard the k2700 kia daw is 10km/L hindi ba parang malakas yun? thanks!
    Dont know hindi ko monitor f/c halos lahat nung mga lumang units sira na yung metro ng milage

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by falken View Post
    Minsan nasa driver din yun. Pag di sanay sa pagbwelo sa akyatan ganun nangyayari.

Sent from my C6903 using Tsikot Forums Mobile App mobile app
    no. it really shows that it is a bad automobile. you will not always have a chance to speed up in order for you to climb uphill(heavy traffic situation especially in tagaytay using sta. rosa exit)

good condition?- maybe since it's almost brand new (a lemon perhaps?)

furthermore, an mb100 which is a poor hill climber (fwd design flawed problem) was even able to climb easily...

in theory the k2700 is a better truck.(yet...)

but again it might just be a lemon, the ts should research more about this.
    Last edited by victorevolution; December 30th, 2013 at 04:31 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast