New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Guys, right now I'm choosing between Isuzu Crosswind 2008 XUVi or XUV? and Mitsubishi Adventure Super Sport 2007 or GLS Sport?

I need your opinions, comments, suggestion which one i would buy, or you can also suggest other AUV or SUV that costs (P1M) below.....

For those who owns one please share your experience owning this type of vehicle..

Also, i want to know what is the difference between Isuzu XUVi and XUV??

What are the Pros and Cons between the Isuzu and Mitsubishi...?

Engine Comparison between the ISUZU (4JA1-L Turbo Direct Injection Diesel, EURO 2) and the Mitsubishi (4D56 / 4 In-line Diesel)...

Mainly i would use the car for my family, work, more on city driving....

The one that i'm looking for is that it has a Good Reputation, Good Brand Name, Safety Features, Easy to Maintain, Good Performance, Availability of parts and Service, For Family and Work Experience, City Driving, Long distance Driving, Fuel Wise Consumption.

I need your replies....

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    ang dami na pong naging thread na ganito. search na lang kayo about the comparo of the two..
    Last edited by Xt7; December 11th, 2008 at 11:58 PM. Reason: tinama lang yung spelling

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Mas matibay ang crosswind..yung akin 130k na tinatakbo, fight parin
    Yung govt issue ng mom ko na adventure, naputulan na ng leafspring nung 3 mos old palang ung sasakyan..may L300 din ako same engine ng diesel adventure, kailangan maalaga ka sa timingbelt, mahal maputulan..crosswind wala nun, timing gear siya..Kaso mas masarap ang ride ng advie sa xwind..mas matulin onti ang advie..

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Have u considered KIA Sportage CRDI and Mitsu Strada? halos kapresyo ng dalawa na yun ang dalawa na ito.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    * Horsepower

I have a tight budget of (P1M Below)... We already own a pick-up and im planning to buy an AUV or SUV so far, as of the moment i'm looking forward on Mitsubishi Adventure SS, even though it's engine is more than a decade old but reliable as what others have said. I have no knowledge about the isuzu Crosswind XUVi / XUV engine.

KIA Sportage CRDI costs more than (P1M) so i think it's not on my budget.

I have test drive the KIA Sportage Gen 1 model and not the Gen 2 model but the Gen 2 model is much more worthy than the Gen 1 model but the problem is it exceeds my budget...

Mitsu Strada is not ony my list either because we already own an Isuzu Feugo....

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Mas matibay ang crosswind..yung akin 130k na tinatakbo, fight parin
    Yung govt issue ng mom ko na adventure, naputulan na ng leafspring nung 3 mos old palang ung sasakyan..may L300 din ako same engine ng diesel adventure, kailangan maalaga ka sa timingbelt, mahal maputulan..crosswind wala nun, timing gear siya..Kaso mas masarap ang ride ng advie sa xwind..mas matulin onti ang advie..
    * oliver1013

I have asked my mechanic and other mechanics and according to them many of their clients own a Crosswind but often visits to repair shops due to repairs and breakdowns. is this true???

Does Isuzu Crosswind has more repairs and breakdowns compared to Mitsubishi Adventure SS / GLS Sport???? kindly enlighten me

From my research the Adventure SS and GLS Sport is a newer model (face lifted) compared to the Crosswind XUVi / XUV...

need more replies from Tsikoteers....

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by neondayne View Post
    * oliver1013

I have asked my mechanic and other mechanics and according to them many of their clients own a Crosswind but often visits to repair shops due to repairs and breakdowns. is this true???

Does Isuzu Crosswind has more repairs and breakdowns compared to Mitsubishi Adventure SS / GLS Sport???? kindly enlighten me

From my research the Adventure SS and GLS Sport is a newer model (face lifted) compared to the Crosswind XUVi / XUV...

Hi there neondayne!

mine is a 2007 xuv AT...1st car ko & 2 yrs na sa feb. so far, never ko pa dinala sa mechanic except for paint repair kasi madalas ako masabit sa gate namin..hehe..
    halos everyday ko sya gamit papasok sa office & weekend pasyal. nkarating na ng baguio, tagyatay, antipolo, subic & anilao..
    my family love it..so far wala pa ko problem kundi mortgage..ahihi..

with regards sa XUV or XUVi, phase out na XUVi nung 2006 ata. it became the sportivo now.
    between XUV & XUVi (or sportivo) accessories lang nagkaiba (fog lights, LCD & rear camera) & of course sa price.

madami na reviews dito sa forum ang crosswind sir...good & bad. i-weigh out mo na lang. gudluck!

xwind/sportivo engine 4ja1 (non and LIGHT-pressure turbo*) have timing gears thats why its the noisiest diesel auv around. but t.gear is better and may last more than your life time than t.chain.

4d56 non turbo of the adventure is t. belt driven. religiuosly replace every 60,000-100,000 kms as specified in your owners manual... or suffer the consequence!

ako kung personal use lang, adventure SS. makitid than xwind/sportivo..which is also why most people dont want it....mas malapad at spacious kasi ang xwind/sportivo.. adventure GLS is a good buy if you want to be more practical-less the body cladding, some interior add-ons and the rear mount spare tire.

as for the xwind/sportivo, XT/XTi are the best choice for it has a good power-weight ratio of the higher/heavier XUV/sportivo.xwind/sportivo lang may $AT variant among the old-school AUVs

if you want to be "higher" XUV is a more practical choice. sportivo is just an accessorized variant of the XUV. same as XT and its accessorized variant-the XTi

edit: light pressure turbo lang ang nasa xwinds, not much boost, not much power..lalo na pag sa matic at sa XUV/XUVi/sportivo....parang "marketing hype" lang yung turbo na yun...

but 2008 models even MT models have that LPT.. a little "boost" ika nga...parang dinagdagan ng isa pang kabayo na tumutulak.
    Last edited by alwayz_yummy; December 13th, 2008 at 04:49 PM.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    xwind/sportivo engine 4ja1 (non and LIGHT-pressure turbo*) have timing gears thats why its the noisiest diesel auv around. but t.gear is better and may last more than your life time than t.chain.

4d56 non turbo of the adventure is t. belt driven. religiuosly replace every 60,000-100,000 kms as specified in your owners manual... or suffer the consequence!

ako kung personal use lang, adventure SS. makitid than xwind/sportivo..which is also why most people dont want it....mas malapad at spacious kasi ang xwind/sportivo.. adventure GLS is a good buy if you want to be more practical-less the body cladding, some interior add-ons and the rear mount spare tire.

as for the xwind/sportivo, XT/XTi are the best choice for it has a good power-weight ratio of the higher/heavier XUV/sportivo.xwind/sportivo lang may variant among the old-school AUVs

if you want to be "higher" XUV is a more practical choice. sportivo is just an accessorized variant of the XUV. same as XT and its accessorized variant-the XTi

edit: light pressure turbo lang ang nasa xwinds, not much boost, not much power..lalo na pag sa matic at sa XUV/XUVi/sportivo....parang "marketing hype" lang yung turbo na yun...

but 2008 models even MT models have that LPT.. a little "boost" ika nga...parang dinagdagan ng isa pang kabayo na tumutulak.

I know that (T-chains, T-gears) last longer than (T-belts).. The (T-Belts) needs to be replaced every 60,000 miles time intervals... The (T-chain, T-gear) has also a limited time not a lifetime, maybe 5 - 10 years??

T-Chains and T-Gears do wear-off and needs a lubricant to avoid engine problems in the future....

How can we know when is the right time to change the T-chains and T-gears)???

However, (T-Belts) does not need any lubricants since T-belts are flexible and more quieter than T-chains and T-Gears...

Most modern cars nowadays uses (T-belts) right???

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by neondayne View Post
    * oliver1013

Mag 140k na milyahe ng crosswind ko ang pinapalitan ko palang recently is water pump, mga gulong,battery, wiper blades..otherwise one click parin siya sa umagang kay lamig..kung ako tatanungin bow ako sa sasakyang ito pag dating sa katibayan...yun nga lang basta di ka maselan sa ingay at nginig ng makina..at hindi pala siya matulin, 130km/h lang sagad na

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Mitsubishi Adventure or Isuzu Crosswind?