New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Guys patulong naman, help me decide what to choose between these two pick ups, prices are 1,038,000 and 1,058,000 respectively.

Considerations:
    1. Reliability
    2. Fuel efficiency
    3. Cost of maintenance

Also, give some inputs about their pros and cons.

Thank you very much

2. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Yooohooooo!

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Both brands are almost equal on those 3 criteria so just go for the one that you like more. You can ask your family to help you decide as well during test drives.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    The Strada's looks takes some time getting used to, and even now still looks awkward. Navara on the other hand is a head-turner even in 4x2 guise. Navara's service interval is every 10k for the Navara so less visits to the casa, so cheaper in that regard. Not sure how much they charge every 10k though, better to check the owner's threads.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    The Strada's looks takes some time getting used to, and even now still looks awkward. Navara on the other hand is a head-turner even in 4x2 guise.

Navara's service interval is every 10k so less visits to the casa, so cheaper in that regard. Not sure how much they charge every 10k though, better to check the owner's threads.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Thanks, how about their diesel engines? Pros n cons? Tia

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    I think having a 6-speed MT is nice. I remember, we used to have a Pajero FM M/T, and the gearing is quite short and you'll reach the highest gear quickly while developing a sluggish turtle-like speed. So I will give a +1 on the Navara on the transmission alone.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Definitely the Navara. I love its interior space and car-like cabin. The Strada on the other hand still feels very truck-like, especially its ultra-long shifter that feels very wobbly. The Strada also has an old and smoke-belching engine, compared to the Navara's updated YD25 which inherently isn't as smokey, and has good power (with a bit of turbo lag though).

The Navara also looks much, much better than the Strada which really looks odd and takes a lot of getting used to.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I got the old navara and considering to upgrade anytime soon with this newer model. Having stradas at werk and on family, i still cant get over with the hairdressers car look of the mitsibishis ih2015 np300 navara 4x2 el calibre 6-speed mt  vs  2015 strada 4x2 glx 5-speed mt and Id still get the nissan over mitsibishis quality.

I wont say 6sp is better over 5sp when it comes to top speed since they have almost same final gear ratios, but 5th gear of the 6m/t is useful for hauling and long-drive over twisties. 6m/t is just an additional gear slotted in between 4th and 5th of a regular 5sp m/t.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Navara ako, mas pogi e.

actually kahit isama pa sa labanan yung iba incl the ranger.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Navara ako, mas pogi e.

actually kahit isama pa sa labanan yung iba incl the ranger.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast