New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    SQ, naka talikod ba yung sa Trooper?

eh yung atin naman hindi na ah.. hubad na hubad na yung filters natin..

ok lang naman yung sa Montero Sport kasi ganun din ata yung sa Strada.. tsaka sobrang taas kaya ng Montero Sport..

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tip_tipid View Post
    you don't get it, do you? who's talking about disc brakes lining? how sure are you that the brake cylinders will stay dry inside?
    The brake cylinders are full of brake fluid under pressure. That internal pressure makes it more difficult for water to find its way through the seals. While some water contamination may occur (it's remote, but it's a possibility), it will not make the brakes unusable.

RE: front facing: yeah, that's the problem with a front-facing set-up... that's why I said vehicles should be able to take water up to six inches below the intake height... if it's just below the intake, it's too dangerous. I like the way old-school pickups have it... with the intake plugged into the fender... ready for a snorkel.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    SQ,
    ok lang naman yung sa Montero Sport kasi ganun din ata yung sa Strada.. tsaka sobrang taas kaya ng Montero Sport..

yes its 100% the same engine bay of strada and montero sports . regarding the air intake hindi papasok yung tubig kahit yung alon sa ibabaw ng hood, because of the rubber on the hood..

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tip_tipid View Post
    you don't get it, do you? who's talking about disc brakes lining? how sure are you that the brake cylinders will stay dry inside?
    Oh now I get it your talking about drum brakes.

It won't stay dry if it's submerged under water which is why most cars have disc brakes up front and not drums. Now if you are talking about water getting into the cylinder itself with the piston then you also have a leak because if unpressurized liquid can get in then pressurized brake fluid will also be able to get out. But that's just my understanding of how it works from working on the brakes of my vehicles.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Hummer? Wag naman. Pero mahirap ngang talunin ng baha yan.

I'm leaning towards the Montero Sport. Ok din sana yung performance ng Alterra pero di ko talaga masikmura yung itsura niya (no offense to Alterra fans).

May available na bang Safari Snorkel para sa MS?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ah... drum brakes pala yung problem? No worries, then... all SUVs nowadays have front disc brakes.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    SQ, naka talikod ba yung sa Trooper?

eh yung atin naman hindi na ah.. hubad na hubad na yung filters natin..

nope sa may fender ang stock airbox intake.

pero naka open type na kasi ako

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Automahn View Post
    Hummer? Wag naman. Pero mahirap ngang talunin ng baha yan.

I'm leaning towards the Montero Sport. Ok din sana yung performance ng Alterra pero di ko talaga masikmura yung itsura niya (no offense to Alterra fans).

May available na bang Safari Snorkel para sa MS?

GOOD CHOICE IF you leaning towards Montero Sport...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Mini-/Mid-sized SUVs with good flood-fording capabilities