New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by triggerman222 View Post
    Thanks for the reply guys,

Im now leaning towards the mini, hindi ko nga din talaga i-offroad sya as describe by ghosthunter...

i would also like to add the fj cruiser to the list...

what would you prefer?
    As what GTI said, the FJ Cruiser is a cramped, fuel guzzling vehicle vehicle. Impractical in the city, useless on the dirt. Expensive to buy too. Only looks great from the outside.

Are you really considering going offroad? because either vehicle of your choice wouldn't last too long going hardcore offroad. Both will do fine on hard packed earth surfaces though.

More about the Mini Countryman: http://kotse.com/home/index.php?opti...381&Itemid=185
    Last edited by ghosthunter; October 17th, 2011 at 07:53 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by triggerman222 View Post
    Thanks for the reply guys,

Im now leaning towards the mini, hindi ko nga din talaga i-offroad sya as describe by ghosthunter...

i would also like to add the fj cruiser to the list...

what would you prefer?
    As what GTI said, the FJ Cruiser is a cramped, fuel guzzling vehicle vehicle. Impractical in the city, useless on the dirt. Expensive to buy too. Only looks great from the outside.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    the fj would only be worth if it'd be used for off-road. naaawa ako sa mga fj na nasa urban areas kasi po mas madaling masisira ang fj pag hindi pinatikim ng putik at bato (yung bato na hindi ka hahabulin ng pdea) :D

tulad ng sinabi ni TS, hindi naman daw siya mag-o-off-road. i'd go for the mini if this is going to be a commute car, with a statement and the explorer if you have guests every now and then.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Since you are considering grey market cars, wanna consider the Kia Sportage SX Turbo? 260hp engine, Dynamax AWD and the killer looks would make it an excellent car to drive.
    Ayan naaaaaa

Bida nanaman ang Koreans!

Paktay tayo diyan palagi nalang ang Koreans.

BTT: Ford Explorer.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually... a turbo Sportage would be compelling... the interior is decent or great depending on whether you're coming from a regular car or a luxury car point-of-view... and it drives very well.

-

But seriously... not going off-road... save the money and buy a sedan, or a van, or a wagon. The disparity of the two first choices given (Countryman and Explorer) leaves a lot of car in-between.

That's because despite the SUV looks, the Countryman is simply a small car. It's higher off the ground than the regular Mini Cooper, yes, but the regular Mini Cooper is so low you can't fit a CD-on-end underneath it. It's more like a high-class Kia Soul or Suzuki SX4 than a premium Sportage/Tucson/CR-V competitor.

In terms of size and off-road utility, between the Countryman and the Explorer you have Imprezas, Legacy wagons, Accords, the Sportage, Sorento/Santa Fe, etcetera.

Decide exactly what you want from a car. Why are you buying a 2.3m crossover? The looks? The space? Pracitcality? Power? Fuel economy?

Not saying you wouldn't be happy with the Countryman Cooper (and I like it better than the S, too, because that i-Drive like interface in the center dash of the S is maddening), but maybe you'd be happy with a slightly smaller but faster and better looking Mini Cooper S instead?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you are looking at the Mini Countryman (no "S"), you might want to look at the KIA SOUL as well. You can have your choice of 1.6 and 2.0 versions. Similar looks. Interior space is roughly the same. And for less than half the price.

Even the lesser powered SOUL 1.6L is a good driver when we test drove it last year. The money saved could be used to buy a great looking set of wheels to upgrade the look of the SOUL.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Ayan naaaaaa

Bida nanaman ang Koreans!

Paktay tayo diyan palagi nalang ang Koreans.

BTT: Ford Explorer.
    I was expecting you. Naku! Napakabias mo naman sa akin everytime nagrecommend ako ng Korean car. :rofl: Hindi ako nagrerecommend ng parang fanboy ha. Marami akong pinag-isipan bago ako nagbibigay ng kung anumang recommendation. I say Sportage SX Turbo because its really a very good car, worthy of being seen as a fresher, more modern, and more efficient Forester XT alternative. Or as bro GH said, the Soul is also a very good choice, a very flashy and cost efficient choice that can easily match and/or outperform the Mini Countryman in most departments.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    thanks for your comments

I guess tanggal na sa list ang fj cruiser.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    guys add natin subaru outback
    any comments? mukhang matikas din...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    ^ IMO parang mas ok yung Forester XT

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
mini countryman vs 2012 ford explorer