New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dualsim View Post
    if you have 2M and you were to choose an SUV, what would you buy from the ones that will be shown in the upcoming MIAS?

jeep wrangler rubicon crdi (less than 2m daw)
    subaru forester (1.9m daw nabasa ko sa car guide comments and no discounts)
    kia sportage (almost 1.8m parang overpriced)
    montero/everest/fortuner - di ko sure kung masaya kung sobrang dami nyong may ganito
    tiguan - for the sake of discussion, isama na natin ang outgoing tiguan kc after discounts less than 2m na siya...

1 Cars to Look Out For at The Manila International Auto Show 216 | ************ - Philippine Car News, Car Reviews, Car Features, Car Buyer's Guide and Car Prices.

will buy this May, still confused... leaning towards the forester but disappointed with the price... buti na lang may MIAS para makita promos
    FCA's quality reputation has been on the downhill for quite some time now, so despite the Wrangler being an emotional favorite, I wouldn't recommend it. From your choices above, I'd go with the Forester. Every single person I know who drives one has all praises for the driving dynamics (that's three people, so don't worry about it being too common).

Too bad they're no longer offering the sub-P2M CX-9...that would have been the best value!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    The jeep under 2m is not diesel. It will have the pentastar v6. Its a gas guzzler for our mediocre traffic.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I wonder which pentastar V6 variant they'll use for the Rubicon.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    The problem with the rubicon is that its the kind of vehicle someone buys to compensate for something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Jimny. Plus 200k in mods.

Spend the other P1m on ****... este... corn.
    Niky, will there be mods available for the jimny during the show?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    According to my SA, the new forester iP would be at P1.650M so just a P50K increase for all the upgrades.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    The problem with the rubicon is that its the kind of vehicle someone buys to compensate for something.
    Except if the buyer's a certain Mr. North.

BTT: Just a 50k increase on the Forester indeed is a good deal.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by corbon44 View Post
    Except if the buyer's a certain Mr. North.

BTT: Just a 50k increase on the Forester indeed is a good deal.
    North?

Yup, P50K is not bad though they offered a P100K discount on the pre-upgraded units so I got mine for P150K less which probably I can use to buy some mods and corn (as per niky)!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    North?...
    Yup, this Mr. North. Here he is with his F430

He also has an AMG CLK but never gets the "compensating for something" remark...wonder why

I hear he's also into corn, and that's where he made his fortune.
    Last edited by corbon44; April 5th, 2016 at 09:06 AM.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Would have recommended also forester xt since i got 1 last sep. Got collided with an mc last nov needing replacement of 1 rear door and garnishing as well as the rear qtr window. Had it repaired in house but only was able to use it this march. Reason , no replacement parts. Have to wait for 3 mos. Just make sure you dont have to need replacement parts from subaru

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast