New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Mazda6 at 1.195M vs some Top end compacts (1M compacts)

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mazda6

21 39.62%
  • Ford Focus TDci/2.0 Sport

9 16.98%
  • Honda Civic 2.0S-L

5 9.43%
  • Mazda 3 2.0R

1 1.89%
  • Subaru Impreza 2.0R Sport

15 28.30%
  • others

2 3.77%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    sabi sa review ng mga online car mags, grabe mag-roll sa corners ang subaru, niky...

see edmunds insideline and some of the other battles of Mazdaspeed3 againts the Impreza WRX. what more is the base model?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm... I'll go with the Mazda6. A close second would be the Focus TDCi for its sheer speed. Third would be the Mazda3 R.

Mazda6
    + handles great
    + looks damn ***y inside & out
    + loaded with very useful features (hid, traction control, etc.)
    - no m/t
    - not as thrifty as the Focus TDCi

Focus TDCi
    + one heck of an engine
    + decent ride
    - bland exterior & interior
    - not as *refined* overall compared to the Mazda6 or even Mazda3

Still haven't driven the base model Impreza and am very skeptical about it (given how utterly slow the Legacy's AWD + A/T + 2.0L combo turned out).

Quote Originally Posted by Camgen6
    3. There is an all new Ford Focus that just came out
    That is for the USDM Focus (which is still using the old platform). The Asian & Euro Focus are different beasts.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Focus would do well with 17" wheels and some stickier tires, the Potenzas on the Mazda3 would be perfect. At the moment, the 16" wheels and high-sidewalled NCT5s just don't do the Focus's handling abilities justice.

Ford is now offering a "Sports Package" that adds body skirts and terrific looking 17" wheels with Falken Ziex tires (still prefer the Potenzas)... which look like slightly smaller copies of the Focus ST rims in silver. It's an extra 140,000 pesos, though... ...maybe if it were 100,000 pesos for the kit, it'd be good value... at 140,000, it's just okay.

RE: edmunds, etcetera... that's why i'm waiting for the actual road test before issuing my verdict on the Impreza.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    If only for the powerplant and the stick shift, I'd pick the Focus TDCi. The Mazda6 comes a close second in my book.

Now, if that were a Mazdaspeed 6, well.... :D

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Kung priority mo ay ride quality/luxury, mazda 6 is a good bet. Kaya lang madali din agad bababa resale niya simply because of the imminent release (though I wouldn't put too much emphasis on this) of the new model. Expect also to spend more on gas.For practicality (and fuel consumption) and performance -- Focus.For driving experience and pogi points -- Impreza. Hey -- it's hard to tell if it's a WRX, right?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Kaylan ba lalabas dito sa Philippines yung New Mazda6 and Subaru Impreza?

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Lumabas na ang Subie Impreza. Suggest you guys test drive the manual tranny edition. AT doesn't really have enough grunt. Long gears and such...

I'm choosing what car to buy too. The Subie Impreza MT or Tucson or Mazda 6. Choices choices..so hard...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Sa dami ng ka-kompetensya ng mazda 6 eh magigign kulelat yan sa sales....

Magiging kagaya yan ng nung mazda 626 dati

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    heres my semi bias opinion haha

id still pick the mazda 6 even if the new one is coming. pick it if you are planning to keep it for a long time (resale value is not that good kasi which i knew b4 we purchased it). just test drove the focus diesel this afternoon, yes it is very grunty and torquey but like any lazy bum, i want my A/T for my daily driver so if they put an A/T on the diesel then maybe id consider it but the interior of the focus is horrible = very plasticky (the 6 has a better interior but it also has it share of plastic stuff just not as pronounce as the focus). hw bout the mazda 3 u say? i did consider the 3R b4 but with the price of the 6 at just 1.195m (i got it for 1.275m last july) konting dagdag na lang and u get a bigger better looking car. civic? i love the power and the paddleshifters but heck, i simply hate the seats (especially the driver and front passenger seat) and thats very important to me.

i havent had the time to test drive the subbie yet but im sure it'll be a nice ride albeit a bit slow compared to the focus diesel which won on a drag race against the subbie.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle618 View Post
    but the interior of the focus is horrible = very plasticky (the 6 has a better interior but it also has it share of plastic stuff just not as pronounce as the focus).
    Kahit plasticky, maganda yung build quality (i.e. tight tolerances, minimal panel gaps). Saka di hamak na matipid sa gaso for a 2 liter and heavy car (i.e. ~14kms/liter city driving).

Pero maganda talaga interior ng Mazda 6 (piano black finish) kase CBU yan from Japan.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Mazda6 vs Top of the Line Compacts