New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by zxd168pzz View Post
    Hands down, the Camry 2.4V has great appeal. It has the looks good enough to be an Audi A6.

I ordered the new gen camry 2.4 as a company car, but Toyota never got to supplying me a unit even after 1 and half months. So, I just opted to get a black 2.3L V6 Nissan Teana (pics below). The Teana looks old, but the suspension and the exhaust note of the V6 makes the 2.4 camry sound and ride like a Corolla.

The Camry's ride is too stiff when I compared it with the Teana. Anyway, it's just a company car. If it's my own money, I'd buy the Camry for the looks, reliability, and resale value.

Mazda 2.3L? Too me, it looks like a Mazda 3 that was stretched a bit. Reading Car and Driver reviews, they find Mazda 6's suspension as too stiff. Plus the fact that it only nets out 160+hp, and not the 230hp U.S. Mazda speed Version - yun ang guapo, not the local version we have. Mazda Speed has bigger and agressive sized rims, plus turbo scoop on the hood and huge spoilers.

Sayang, when you're spending this much (P1.3M), the very least you expect is a soft ride and strong engine diba?

But if you want power at close to the same price, consider the following six-cylinder options:
    - 2007 Hyundai Sonata 3.3L V6 * 230hp (1.4M PHP)
    - 2007 Nissan Cefiro 300EX 3.0L V6 * 220hp (1.5M PHP) - they're still selling it with all options included. This has the award winning VQ engine from Infiniti.

The Sonata and the Cefiro will definitely outperform the Camry 2.4V (165hp) and the Mazda 6 (167hp). I've seen the Sonata in the skyway, and it's stupid fast.

Anyway, happy shopping. Cheers!

2007 Nissan Teana

so you got the 230JM? hindi ba thats like 1.85m++ for that price mag 3.5L camry na ako and it'll kick the teana's ass anytime!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle618 View Post
    so you got the 230JM? hindi ba thats like 1.85m++ for that price mag 3.5L camry na ako and it'll kick the teana's ass anytime!
    Siguro, ang maganda parin sa VQ engine yung engine note niya (even if it's the old VQ NEO engine) that soothes some buyers.

Although I think I can see why he chose the Teana 230JM over a Camry (kahit na 3.5).........masyado mahaba yung waiting list ng Toyota.

And as he said, he just bought it as a company car so ride comfort will be at the top of the agenda (which the Camry 2.4 seems to lack).

Anyways, congrats sir zxd168pzz for the purchase of your car........I mean company car

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle618 View Post
    Our company got the JK model for 200k discount so the total cost was about P1.5M. I couldn't get a Camry due to the long waiting list. So might as well try the Teana then switch over to a newer model of the Camry in 3 years I hope.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    how long is the camry's waiting list this time? would it be easier to get a 3.5 variant or a 2.4? does color preference make a difference?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    For those thinking about getting the Mazda6:

http://www.worldcarfans.com/2070807....azda6-revealed

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Mazda6 2.3L or Camry 2.4V?