New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Yep get the Camry it's also bigger and more room inside.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    no comparison. get the camry!

the mazda 6 looks dated already. whereas the camry really does look like a lexus, a beautiful lexus at that.

plus, if you're concerned about resale value, it's a toyota!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Camry. RAV4 sedan (front)

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    If comfort and space is the prime consideration, I suggest you get the Camry. It's roomy and rides like a sofa.

However, although both can do the same thing (bring you from point A to point B), there's a bit of a price difference. Base Camry starts at 1.45M. I mean this is really BASE. You'll have to pay 200K more to get to the level of the Mazda's features

For a little less money or 1.39M for the Mazda, you get a lot more in terms of safety devices and other functional features like leather, sportshift, more airbags, foglamps, better handling, etc.

To have a better appreciation, I suggest request a testdrive of both. Mazda Greenhills will bring the car to your place if you live nearby. As for Toyota, they don't allow testdrives. So you'll have to base your opinion on the experience of others.

Good luck.

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    Camry ako dito

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Camry

Although I think the 6 is for small, young families like your own - still allowing you to have a sporty medium sized car, but having enough space for your small brood, I'd go for the Camry here if you didn't need as much sharp performance, and you valued space and comfort more.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    For a little less money or 1.39M for the Mazda, you get a lot more in terms of safety devices and other functional features like leather, sportshift, more airbags, foglamps, better handling, etc.
    actually 1.295m na lang ata yun 6 until now... may promo ata. pero yeah mas newer and comfier yun camry but the 6 has better handling, sunroof, hid and overall kit.
    Last edited by kyle618; July 22nd, 2007 at 02:37 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    i beg to disagree, i dont think that the 6 already looks dated. I think the Mazda6 looks like what a Mazda is. Clean, sporty and functional but still elegant. If it looks dated to some, may be attributed to the fact that most of the competition are getting more and more americanized in their looks and presentations.
    The Mazda6, IMO, is one of the last to still look like what a good Japanese is. Compact size slightly shorter in length and lower roofline albeit impressively roomy inside, slit like headlamps (as opposed to the big units in Camrys and Accords), rear apron, skirts and spoilers, the Altezza taillights...

Feature-wise, i dont think it is either. 2.3L 164hp engine, 5AT, 6 Airbags, ABS-EBD-BA, Trac control, 17" wheels, HID, Sunroof, leather trim etc are still at par or even better than most of the competition.

Its been noted to handle better than the Camry and is obviously more sporty but could still take good care of its passengers.

at 1.295M, if only i have money. I'd take this over the Camry.

related topic: http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...-camry-le.html

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Mazda6 has a better suspension. I find the Camry kinda bouncy and floaty, though more acceptable in terms of ride comfort compared to the Altis or Vios.

The only problems the Mazda6 has is road noise coming up through the Bridgestones and the fact that the rear passenger space is kinda small compared to the class (the Galant, Cefiro, Camry and Accord are roomier). It's more like a compact+++ than a midsize. This is because the Mazda6 is an older design. The Subaru Legacy has the same problem.

But it's only a problem if you're a space hog. Legroom and elbow room are all great, anyway.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    camry pa rin.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Mazda6 2.3L or Camry 2.4V?