New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Where you get the car doesnt automatically mean where you'll have the car serviced.

They won't treat you any better/worse din naman.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    i'd go for corolla. kung mag-sedan ulit ako, id go for bigger looking car like the corolla or the lancer.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Well bigger looking really isn't bigger.

The space in the lancer is huge (and by the way it looks, it is). I find my knees banging on the front driver's/passenger's seat in the corolla though.

The civic, not so much (it still does though). Not sure about the mazda 3.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    i'd go for corolla. kung mag-sedan ulit ako, id go for bigger looking car like the corolla or the lancer.
    Actually the current Corolla isn't all that big inside. It just looks big but once your are inside the car, especially the rear seats, its just a "snug fit".

The Lancer EX is bigger inside. I just bought one. Although it's not as spacious as a Camry, it is still much much much better than the Corolla.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    The civic, not so much (it still does though). Not sure about the mazda 3.
    The rear seat space in the Mazda3 has less legroom as compared to the Civic.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    >>>Ghosthunter

was your EX the GLS 2.0 A/T?.. How's the ride and FC (city driving)?..
    I forgot to include lancer EX 2.0 A/T on the comparisons of the 3 (mazda3, civic1.8s, altis 1.6V) sana nksbay din sya s thread n to with regards to my taste esp my wife..
    Its only the GT-A which iv seen & inspected personally last december '09 in trinoma, its specs s mitsu website ko p lng nkita.. I'l try to read back threads baka meron na or maybe new inputs is a bonus for me..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dblackswan View Post
    >>>Ghosthunter

was your EX the GLS 2.0 A/T?.. How's the ride and FC (city driving)?..
    I forgot to include lancer EX 2.0 A/T on the comparisons of the 3 (mazda3, civic1.8s, altis 1.6V) sana nksbay din sya s thread n to with regards to my taste esp my wife..
    Its only the GT-A which iv seen & inspected personally last december '09 in trinoma, its specs s mitsu website ko p lng nkita.. I'l try to read back threads baka meron na or maybe new inputs is a bonus for me..
    My car is the 2010 Lancer EX GLS 2.0 CVT.

Ride quality is comparable to the Toyota Camry which is smooth and comfy.

Handling with the stock 16inch wheels and tires is somewhat vague and a little delayed. But swap in the 18 inch wheels and tires from the GT or GTA, handling becomes sharp, precise and instant. And the GT/GTA wheels instantly improves the look as well without affecting the ride quality too much.

The interior is spacious, with generous legroom front and back. Lots of headroom too.

The only downside is the trunk, although wide, the floor is somewhat raised to make room for the full sized spare tire.

FC varies but in my bad traffic experience to flowing EDSA sunday, I get between 4.5km/L to 8km/L. I know it can do better but my area is simply full of intersections, humps, stoplights, etc to get better FC figures.

BTW, do note that I have just done over 300 km on my odometer.

--------------------

You can read more about the Lancer EX on this thread:
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29104

Pics of my car is located at page 133 of the discussion thread.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Out of those three the Civic is my pick, although they're correct it's not as fuel-efficient as Honda would have you believe. Best engine, best handling, good-enough comfort (but then I drive a GD Jazz which has a stiff ride in stock form, so your opinion may vary).

My mom's FD1 Civic 1.8V A/T delivers 8 km/L in the city.

I just can't get over that dumb, wide two-tier dashboard, sorry. I've complained about it time and again and it just complicates driving the Civic around tight Manila streets. It's such a waste of space and it contributes to a "driving a big car" feel that really shouldn't be there. It makes the Civic feel much less maneuverable and harder to place on the road than it should be.

Top Gear Phils. seems to agree with me, the FD's dash hasn't aged very well (but the exterior of the car most certainly has).

If you cannot have the Civic the Corolla Altis is a fine second choice for me. Not for the keen driver, and Toyota seems bent on mucking up the freeing of interior space, but perfectly livable otherwise.

If you're curious about the CY4A Lancer EX, my dad drives the GT version with the manual gearbox. Interior finish isn't as polished as the Civic or the Corolla but the seats are very comfy - firm with good lateral support. Haven't driven it myself yet though.
    Last edited by Type 100; March 10th, 2010 at 06:31 PM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Actually the current Corolla isn't all that big inside. It just looks big but once your are inside the car, especially the rear seats, its just a "snug fit".

The Lancer EX is bigger inside. I just bought one. Although it's not as spacious as a Camry, it is still much much much better than the Corolla.
    wow bumili ka pala ng lancer. sunduin mo naman ako d2 sa ortigas tapos joyride tayo

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    wow bumili ka pala ng lancer. sunduin mo naman ako d2 sa ortigas tapos joyride tayo
    Only if I can throw you in the trunk and then drop you off from the bridge over the pasig river...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
mazda3 1.6V? or Civic 1.8S? or altis 1.6V?