New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    [SIZE=4]guys...need your help. i am planning to buy my first car. i am torn between mazda3 and civic. my foremost concerns are fuel efficiency, design and maintenance. the prices of the two are almost the same (mazda 819k, civic 810k). mazda3 is heavier and has 1.6 a/t, while civic is lighter, has m/t but 1.8 engine . which could be the more fuel efficient between the 2? which could give me more savings on the maintenance cost? which one looks better? please guys, i need your opinions/advices on this. [/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    okay here's my unbiased opinion...go for the civic, its more fuel efficient compare to mazda 3, and the resale value is way better, take it from me (i own a mazda 3 08 model)i bought one september this year...why? because of the very good ALL IN deal...

still i love my mazda 3 (bec it's all i can afford) remember Honda Doesn't throw away chattel mortgage and comprehensive insurance if you're planning to get your civic via
    financing...and one more thing i would add...the control panel ( i dont know the exact term) of Mazda 3 is not impressive...compare to civic (understandle kase mas bago si civic)
    Last edited by actor21; November 15th, 2008 at 11:45 PM. Reason: spell check

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    for me sa dalawa civic na..sakto lang 1.8 sa kaha di underpowered hindi din bitin..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Civic gets my vote. Mazda3's charm has worn off.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    thanks a lot Sir(s)! i agree with Actor21. I went to Mazda Alabang yesterday and when I inquired about the package and asked for a quotation, I found out that they are offering the same all-in deal. Its a big discount, so it keeps me thinking until now. I visited Honda Alabang just the same and they are offering 30k off. Now, Im really torn between the two.

Would you have any idea on the km per liter consumption of the 2?

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by retxednai05 View Post
    thanks a lot Sir(s)! i agree with Actor21. I went to Mazda Alabang yesterday and when I inquired about the package and asked for a quotation, I found out that they are offering the same all-in deal. Its a big discount, so it keeps me thinking until now. I visited Honda Alabang just the same and they are offering 30k off. Now, Im really torn between the two.

Di ko alam kung dito ko sa tsikot nakita pero malapit na ata magpalit ng body ang mazda 3...wala lang sayang naman kung bibili ka ng bnew na auto tas ilang buwan palang may mas bago na...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Civic gets my vote. That is if you are comparing it with the current Mazda 3.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    civic din too for me.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by retxednai05 View Post

Go to Mazda Makati Instead look for Bong Ladrica he's my SA sabihin mo name ko Roy Pogi para mabigyan ka ng magandang deal hehehe effective yun pag sinabi mo name ko, I got mine with 65k All - IN promo:

free chattel mortgage worth 28k
    free insurance worth 25k
    free 3 yrs LTO
    seat cover
    back sensor
    matting
    tint
    free pa ang 1k saka 10k PMS (sa civic hindi ito free)
    may 1 year ERA CARD (Emergency Road Assistance ka aside from what you get sa insurance)

65k lang nilabas ko para lang ako bumili ng motor, tapos 16k monthly ko for 5yrs, very good deal huh? my best buddy(an NBI Lawyer), got his civic for 5yrs financing and he shelled out close to 300k...sising sisi sya...

maski mababa ang resale value ng oto mo, e nakuha mo na sa deal mo yun..same din ang kalalabasan nun, mahal si Civic kaya mataas din resale value nya...

sa honda hindi ka makakapaglabas ng oto maski yung pinakamura na hindi ka maglalabas ng 100k++++

my FC is 9.5 kms per liter i use e10, city driving (magaan ang paa ko)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by actor21 View Post
    65k lang nilabas ko para lang ako bumili ng motor, tapos 16k monthly ko for 5yrs, very good deal huh? My best buddy(an nbi lawyer), got his civic for 5yrs financing and he shelled out close to 300k...sising sisi sya...

Maski mababa ang resale value ng oto mo, e nakuha mo na sa deal mo yun..same din ang kalalabasan nun, mahal si civic kaya mataas din resale value nya...

Sa honda hindi ka makakapaglabas ng oto maski yung pinakamura na hindi ka maglalabas ng 100k++++

my fc is 9.5 kms per liter i use e10, city driving (magaan ang paa ko)
    [size="5"]reminder: Posting in txt/sms format is not allowed in tsikot.com[/size]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
mazda3 1.6s a/t or civic 1.8v m/t???