New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    feedback naman po sa second hand mazda familia cars (96 - 99 models). ok po ba ang mazda familia in terms of durability and fuel efficiency? tatagal po ba sya sa mga long drives (manila to bicol)? how about sa cost and availability of parts? Kinoconsider ko kasi syang alternative sa toyota gli. medyo mas affordable kasi. thanks sa mga magrereply!!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by aaaban View Post
    feedback naman po sa second hand mazda familia cars (96 - 99 models). ok po ba ang mazda familia in terms of durability and fuel efficiency? tatagal po ba sya sa mga long drives (manila to bicol)? how about sa cost and availability of parts? Kinoconsider ko kasi syang alternative sa toyota gli. medyo mas affordable kasi. thanks sa mga magrereply!!

Torquey engine, responsive handling, medyo mas malakas lang kumain ng gas in comparison to its counterparts pero hindi ka madidisappoint sa arangkada. I'm averaging at 7.8 km/l, lowest is 6.2 km/l (nung bago pa sakin at wala pang tuneup) to 8.8 km/l (nlex run). Lately nakaka 8.5 km/l to 8.75 km/l and 10 km/l with aircon off. It's a 1.6 DOHC M/T anyway. Yung A/T mas malakas kumain ng gas... afaik maybe 6-7 km/l from my peers.

Parts are readily available in banawe, pasay, evangelista. Check rear fenders for rust and check suspension. Log on to www.protegetech.org for more info. you'll get a ton of help there. Happy hunting!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Used to own one before:

PROS:
    - Good engine power (better then the Corolla)
    - Space
    - Value-for-money since it's cheaper then an older Corolla

CONS:
    - fuel consumption is somewhat poor compared to the other 1.6's
    - a/t tranny has to be cared for... i know several owners who had a/t problems (including us).

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    bought one two months ago and i agree with what mr. vinj and josh0027 said.

just have to warn you about one thing: the engine bay is soooo cramped so its hard to DIY from a maintenance point of view.

other than that, it's an ok buy.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    hindi ba mahal ang mga parts like the honda?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by syler View Post
    hindi ba mahal ang mga parts like the honda?
    honda parts are cheaper in my experience.

i had a '97 familia a/t before. i loved that car. it handled better than a civic, and the engine had sufficient power. the only thing i didn't like about it was the gas consumption. and the a/c was weaker than a civic's or sentra's.

mazda familia