New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    hello brothers! wazzup!!! i need your opinion about this car, the mazda familia 323 99'model , is it agood choice in terms of reliability and efficiency? how about the parts? is it still available or hard to find or either expensive? need your comments guys!! GO GO GO!!!!! BOOM!!!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    magtoyota or mitsu or honda ka na lang. di naman mahirap maghanap ng pyesa nyan pag nasira yun lang nga mas mahal ng konti. tingnan mo sa kalsada bibihira na yan familia. karamihan nasa garahe na lang.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I have had a Mazda Familia before.

It's not true that parts are hard to come by or to be sourced out nor very much expensive. Based on my experience, what's difficult is to find a mechanic who wont charge much on labor cost. Compared with my Corolla (AE101)or Sentra (b13/b14), the Familia features a cab-forward design, pushing the windshield and dash far forward though maximizing the cabin space, hampers room in the engine bay, making it very cramp. Just look at the engine bay vs Sentra, Corollas of same year. Thus, servicing it is very difficult and time consuming. Lugi mga mekaniko kaya minsan nagiging taga sila. I remember taking the whole day of a mechanic in banawe while all i asked him to do is my CV joint and engine supports.

Performance-wise, it is remarkable. If efficiency is your priority get a manual. As it gets FC up to par to most rivals. Matic is a good performer but drinks gas too much (mine gets me 7km/l AT-although surplus na AT ko, kaya matipid pa yan). Runs like a manual, and isnt dragging like that of 00's Exaltas.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    we had 2 before. the first was our family car then later ginawang taxi when i bought a lancer. 2nd was also bought to be a taxi.
    matibay naman, and parts are readily available. madami din surplus parts and surplus engines. check the spare tyre well, dun usually lumalabas ang kalawang. also since that is a 13 year old car, check mo yung wheel wells baka kalawang na. katukin mo din ang
    body, baka puro masilya na.

at syempre ang tignan mong mabuti ay baka dating taxi yan. check mo sa lto kung may na-issue na taxi plates para dyan.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by therp2paz View Post
    hello brothers! wazzup!!! i need your opinion about this car, the mazda familia 323 99'model , is it agood choice in terms of reliability and efficiency? how about the parts? is it still available or hard to find or either expensive? need your comments guys!! GO GO GO!!!!! BOOM!!!

Parts aren't as hard as some people might say. The real problem is the fuel guzzling engine if you get the automatic version.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by therp2paz View Post

Parts aren't as hard as some people might say. The real problem is the fuel guzzling engine if you get the automatic version.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    The a/t version also seems to have a weak tranmission. The one on our old car gave way at 40,000kms++ (and this was with normal driving and regular ATF change) and we just got out of the warranty period that time. Heard of several others who also had a/t problems. Power is very good but yes, it can be quite a drinker.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    The a/t version also seems to have a weak tranmission. The one on our old car gave way at 40,000kms++ (and this was with normal driving and regular ATF change) and we just got out of the warranty period that time. Heard of several others who also had a/t problems. Power is very good but yes, it can be quite a drinker.
    Mine gave up at 164,000 kms. But after a tranny ectomy at a Banawe surplus shop. It runned beautifully and surprisingly, bit thriftier than before (already thrifty at 7km/l hahaha!, used to getting 5-6km/l). All in all, a problem free Familia should be rewarding. It has nice power, very good handling, very good AC and large cabin.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    We had one before and sold it. I think the odometer was at 80k then. No problems with the A/T tranny. I love to drive it but it really guzzles gas.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    I have had a Mazda Familia before.

It's not true that parts are hard to come by or to be sourced out nor very much expensive. Based on my experience, what's difficult is to find a mechanic who wont charge much on labor cost. Compared with my Corolla (AE101)or Sentra (b13/b14), the Familia features a cab-forward design, pushing the windshield and dash far forward though maximizing the cabin space, hampers room in the engine bay, making it very cramp. Just look at the engine bay vs Sentra, Corollas of same year. Thus, servicing it is very difficult and time consuming. Lugi mga mekaniko kaya minsan nagiging taga sila. I remember taking the whole day of a mechanic in banawe while all i asked him to do is my CV joint and engine supports.

Performance-wise, it is remarkable. If efficiency is your priority get a manual. As it gets FC up to par to most rivals. Matic is a good performer but drinks gas too much (mine gets me 7km/l AT-although surplus na AT ko, kaya matipid pa yan). Runs like a manual, and isnt dragging like that of 00's Exaltas.
    Yung picture mo ba bro ay yung actual unit? Baka kaya bumaba pa ng 7km/L dahil sa mags. Hehe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
MAZDA FAMILIA 323 (99 model) is it a good choice?