New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    We are in the market for a CUV to be driven mostly by my wife. She is torn between these two. Which should we get? She will be driving around mostly by herself. Weekends will be with my 3 kids with ocassional out of town trips. Will be mostly driven around the city.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Luap View Post
    We are in the market for a CUV to be driven mostly by my wife. She is torn between these two. Which should we get? She will be driving around mostly by herself. Weekends will be with my 3 kids with ocassional out of town trips. Will be mostly driven around the city.

Between the two, CRV gas. More space, more comfortable ride.

If you had the choice though, CRV diesel 1.6S. The fuel savings will pay for itself in about 3-4 years. Also has better resale value. Unless you have low mileage or your gas is paid for, the diesel is more practical in the long run.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Do a test drive and let the wife decide since she will be driving it most of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Na test drive both ni misis yan last year, CX-5 ang nagustuhan nya.
    CX-5 una nyang na test drive then after more than a week yung CRV gas variant, walang test drive unit na diesel Honda Cebu nuon.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Do a test drive and let the wife decide since she will be driving it most of the time.

Another excellent suggestion. For me, I became a fan of Mazda but I always associate the words "car" and "comfort" with the CR-V.

If during the test drive that riding comfort is not noticeable, the next thing to consider is the interior as you'll be spending most of your time there.

Another consideration that is subjective is the outward appearance. Imagine the smile on your wife whenever she goes out to get the car right after office hours and admiring it from the distance as she gets closer.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Looks and looks alone, that CX5 is a stunner, I stared at one beside me during standstill traffic.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetlucious View Post
    Looks and looks alone, that CX5 is a stunner, I stared at one beside me during standstill traffic.
    Maganda rin interior ng CX-5 Pro, bukod sa body color na soul red yung cockpit design ang isa sa mga nagustuhan ni misis kaya yun pinili niya.
    Actually I told her to get the diesel variant kaso walang available yung Mazda Cebu. I was still canvassing ng diesel variant sa ibang dealer, pinadeliver na ni misis yung CX-5.
    Tingin ko hit yung CX-5 Pro sa mga ladies, sa subdivision namin, lima nayung nakikita kong naka soul red na CX-5 although hindi lahat Pro, puro babae driver.
    Sa city driving in Cebu, nasa 8.5 km/l yung FC ng 2.5

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Yun grey din maganda.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Since both gas, my vote goes to cx5 but if you’re considering the diesel CRV, CRV ako

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post
    Maganda rin interior ng CX-5 Pro, bukod sa body color na soul red yung cockpit design ang isa sa mga nagustuhan ni misis kaya yun pinili niya.
    Actually I told her to get the diesel variant kaso walang available yung Mazda Cebu. I was still canvassing ng diesel variant sa ibang dealer, pinadeliver na ni misis yung CX-5.
    Tingin ko hit yung CX-5 Pro sa mga ladies, sa subdivision namin, lima nayung nakikita kong naka soul red na CX-5 although hindi lahat Pro, puro babae driver.
    Sa city driving in Cebu, nasa 8.5 km/l yung FC ng 2.5
    Yes, same with my wife. She test drove, escape, subaru xv, xtrail and these two. She like the interior of the cx5 and she liked the space and comfort of the crv, hence this thread.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast