New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    If you have 2.8M, which vehicle would you buy, the Mazda CX-9 or the Subaru Tribeca? Both are 7-seater, V6 AWD Vehicles.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Subbie Tribeca or Hyundai Veracruz V6 diesel.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    malalakas sa gas e, versa cruz is diesel pero over price sya..

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Mataas kasi taxes dito, pero in countries with similarly high import duties, tama lang ang presyo ng VC. Tsaka, pag nakasakay ka na, you'll forget the overprice thingy. Super luxurious sa loob, the ride is so fantastic, ang bilis pa.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    yun na nga ang masama e meron sa isang forum dito sa tsikot sa US sya nakabase lumalabas na 1.4M lang ang high end na CX9 samantalang dito almost double.

dapat nga mas mura dito kase walang gaanong pera ang 80% ng mga pilipino e.baliktad talaga ang mundo..

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yep the Veracruz has so many toys. Lahat na pwedeng gawing electronic, electronic na! Yung tailgate electronic (ewan ko na lang pano ito sa malls, di ata marunong mga guards), yung side mirror and rear view mirror mono chromatic meaning kung masilaw ilaw sa likod it will adjust itself to dim para di ka masilaw. The tilt and telescopic is also electronic, the two front seats are electronic... Pero sa looks pinaka gwapo yung CX-9 para sa akin.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by actor21 View Post
    yun na nga ang masama e meron sa isang forum dito sa tsikot sa US sya nakabase lumalabas na 1.4M lang ang high end na CX9 samantalang dito almost double.

dapat nga mas mura dito kase walang gaanong pera ang 80% ng mga pilipino e.baliktad talaga ang mundo..
    -----------------------------------------------

Ang daya naman nun, e dito 2.75m and CX-9 , sa US pala 1.4M lang.....grabe, halos doble ang presyo dito..........

tribeca! subaru boxer AWD!

pero mahal na ulit gas! kaya veracruz nalang!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by auto_fanatic View Post
    -----------------------------------------------

Ang daya naman nun, e dito 2.75m and CX-9 , sa US pala 1.4M lang.....grabe, halos doble ang presyo dito..........
    Again, as I've said in many other threads... blame the government for the tax, not the automakers.

-

And so what if they collect 100% tax on luxury vehicles? Would you rather they execute a flat tax on all vehicles? Locally manufactured or SKD vehicles get a tax break, and vehicles below a certain price get a much, much lower tax... vehicles which the common middle-class worker is more likely to buy.

-

Despite the fact that it drinks gas like there's no tomorrow, I'd buy the CX9 in a heartbeat. It's an incredibly beautiful-looking vehicle, it sounds like ***, it drives like ***, and with the black leather interior, it feels like ***.

The Tribeca is just too... dowdy. The old one was downright fugly... likened, (in)famously, by one reviewer to a "flying vagina". Besides, if I wanted Subaru AWD goodness, I'd go for the Forester XT.

You might get more toys with the Hyundai Veracruz, and the economy of the Veracruz is better (though at 5 km/l in the city... the VC is not what you'd call economical... but this is at par with the 3.0 diesels from most other manufacturers...), but the Veracruz looks slightly dumpy, and doesn't feel as well-built as the CX9. I think the Santa Fe is a better product, at the price point, actually, than the Veracruz (and the Santa Fe's third row is not bad... not bad at all).

The CX9, on the other hand feels solid. It's like the Rolex watch of sub-3m SUVs. Am I biased in saying this? Yes, I am... because I absolutely love the damn thing...

And, honestly... if you're buying a car this freaking expensive, you want people to look at you and envy you. When you've got a high-end Mazda like the CX9 or the new Mazda6... believe you me... people look.
    Last edited by niky; May 20th, 2009 at 01:54 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Mazda CX-9 vs. Subaru Tribeca