New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hope they make a cylinder shutoff technology like Honda's VCM or just add a diesel variant. I really like the way the CX9 looks, but the voracious appetite for fuel is a big no-no. Oh and BTW, why don't I see many CBU Japan cars having price decreases? Take the Nissan Patrol Royale, Subaru Outback, Nissan Murano and the Suzuki Grand Vitara 3.2V6. The only ones I see having price decreases are Mitsubishi, Lexus, and Toyota (and I don't see a discount in the 3.5 liter Alphard.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    I think it's because the Alphard 3.5's was released after the implementation of JPEPA. Hence, you don't actually see the reduction in price as there was no pre-JPEPA price. Personally, the 3.5 Alphard is already priced well, just a bit higher than the 2.4 version which isn't covered by the JPEPA.

As for the Patrol, I've read somewhere that the SRP is already reduced

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Hope they make a cylinder shutoff technology like Honda's VCM or just add a diesel variant. I really like the way the CX9 looks, but the voracious appetite for fuel is a big no-no. Oh and BTW, why don't I see many CBU Japan cars having price decreases? Take the Nissan Patrol Royale, Subaru Outback, Nissan Murano and the Suzuki Grand Vitara 3.2V6. The only ones I see having price decreases are Mitsubishi, Lexus, and Toyota (and I don't see a discount in the 3.5 liter Alphard.
    The Patrol Royale and Murano ay nagbaba na nang presyo but not that much(2.850M Pesos ang Murano while ang Patrol Royale eh dapat 6.2 Million Pesos yan pero naging 5.375M Pesos nalang).Subaru Outback?Nagkaroon ng price cut yan lately(mga 100K Pesos ang bingasak yata)..Yung Grand Vitara 3.2 V6 ay phased out na.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyeatworld View Post
    liit ng discount, dapat 20% yan ah
    20% of the import price.

That 20% discount is not in the SRP of the vehicle. So if you add the dealer margins, etc... the new lowered SRP is smaller than 20% of the old SRP.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    The CX-9 is actually priced at 2.599M Pesos now(may tariff cut nayan) but may additional discount pa yan kaya naging 2.350M Pesos na sya lately sa Mazda dealers especially sa Mazda Greenhills.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by eggman View Post
    The CX-9 is actually priced at 2.599M Pesos now(may tariff cut nayan) but may additional discount pa yan kaya naging 2.350M Pesos na sya lately sa Mazda dealers especially sa Mazda Greenhills.

This is actually very cheap already at 2.35M after discounts considering the amount of kit you get. They CX9 is quite loaded with features. Sunroof, HIDs, 20" wheels, power seats, leather interior, nice sound system, back up camera, full load of safety features, powerful but thirsty engine.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    This is actually very cheap already at 2.35M after discounts considering the amount of kit you get. They CX9 is quite loaded with features. Sunroof, HIDs, 20" wheels, power seats, leather interior, nice sound system, back up camera, full load of safety features, powerful but thirsty engine.
    Yeah, the CX9 is really feature packed, so for the price I think it's worth it. Nga lang, what you could have saved instead of getting a premium European brand will have to go to refuelling.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    Mas matakaw sa gas ang Pajero BK over sa CX-9 yata.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by eggman View Post
    The Patrol Royale and Murano ay nagbaba na nang presyo but not that much(2.850M Pesos ang Murano while ang Patrol Royale eh dapat 6.2 Million Pesos yan pero naging 5.375M Pesos nalang).Subaru Outback?Nagkaroon ng price cut yan lately(mga 100K Pesos ang bingasak yata)..Yung Grand Vitara 3.2 V6 ay phased out na.
    Ay ganun? Ang konti naman ng reduction sa price ng Outback, considering ang mahal mahal din nun. Nakikita ko parin ang Grand Vitara 3.2V6 sa price list ng Topgear, priced at 1.755M siya. Old stocks kaya? Walang hiya naman ang Nissan, ang laki ng tubo. 5.375M discounted na?

About dun sa CX9, talaga bang may improvement sa FC? Or any other part of the car?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Ay ganun? Ang konti naman ng reduction sa price ng Outback, considering ang mahal mahal din nun. Nakikita ko parin ang Grand Vitara 3.2V6 sa price list ng Topgear, priced at 1.755M siya. Old stocks kaya? Walang hiya naman ang Nissan, ang laki ng tubo. 5.375M discounted na?

About dun sa CX9, talaga bang may improvement sa FC? Or any other part of the car?
    Only the grille and bumper ang nagbago sa Mazda CX-9 aside sa rear backup camera with monitor sa radio HU.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Mazda CX-9 repricing