New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Siguro ano man policy ng Mazda in general yun din ang policy sa CX-7, gas naman yan eh so in general PMS costs are lower than diesel...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    nabababaan ako sa height ng cx 7..or ako lang yun? or talagang mas gusto ko lang kasing taas ng mga montero..hahaha.

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    IMO, pangit ang resale value ng Mazda. Hehe for me lang ah, and siguro it's way pricier than the Montero, Fortuner and other midsized SUVs.

Eto pics po for reference:

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jmpet626 View Post
    Tagal ng pila sa montero. 2nd choice namin is CX-7. Ilan kaya FC ng CX-7?
    I was told by the SA na may pila na rin daw sa CX-7. I would have placed a reservation deposit weeks ago but did not really want to commit until I saw the car in the flesh and test drove it (I'll schedule this week).

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan591 View Post
    IMO, pangit ang resale value ng Mazda.
    As if, after the Pajero and Lancer scandals, Mitsubishi is any better...

-

The question, though, is hard to answer. These cars are from two completely different market segments. The CX7 is the better car in terms of power, comfort, driving dynamics, safety and engineering.

The Montero is more practical, much better off-road, much more spacious, ... and it's still the best overall package in terms of mid-priced ladder frame SUVs... It still falls a bit short of the refinement of the best unibody crossovers like the CR-V or even the Tribute... but it's a completely different market segment.

IMHO, just go where your heart takes you... if you want to be practical and play it safe, you can always get a Crosswind... ...but of course, if you're looking at these two, you want a whole lot more than that. ;)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by eggman View Post
    Kung ikaw lang ang gagamit eh di mag Mazda CX-7 ka na... Mas astig sya..Tanong mo pa kay Mrs Sherwintommy!!
    hehehe...eggman sabi ni mrs swabe ang cx7....as in....resale value?,.,,we never take that in consideration when we bought our tribute and the cx7,,,kasi to us owning a car is like having it as a part of the family...kaya hanggang pwede magtagal sa amin eh aalagaan namin ng husto...if it's time to replace...for whatever it costs..then ganun nalang....like what sir niky said...just go where your heart takes you..kung saan ka masaya....peace....

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yup.

A car is part of the family. In that you need to treat it with love and respect, and you'll have to pay for check-ups and the odd hospital bill.

Resale value is a consideration, but it should not be your only consideration. Every time you buy a car, you already lose 30% of its value up front. You want to get 80% or more of your money back? sell the car within the first year. But then, you've blown 300-400k pesos just to own a car for one year!

Better to keep it and stick with it till the wheels fall off. It'll cost a lot to maintain near the end (after 10 years), but it'll still be cheaper than buying a new car.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Yup.

A car is part of the family. In that you need to treat it with love and respect, and you'll have to pay for check-ups and the odd hospital bill.

Resale value is a consideration, but it should not be your only consideration. Every time you buy a car, you already lose 30% of its value up front. You want to get 80% or more of your money back? sell the car within the first year. But then, you've blown 300-400k pesos just to own a car for one year!

Better to keep it and stick with it till the wheels fall off. It'll cost a lot to maintain near the end (after 10 years), but it'll still be cheaper than buying a new car.

words of wisdom from the car guru....thanks a lot sir niky for the valued advise...will keep this in mind....

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    great views and opinions

for me, its still a toss up between a cool silver montero sport 4x2 or a white mazda CX-7. both vehicles have their plus and minuses, their strengths and weaknesses. in the end, its really what fits me comfortably, how i feel in it and, quite trivially, which is available immediately

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    and just to add, it has to be a vehicle that kumander can drive and she already told me that she cannot (or is it wont?) drive the montero but can drive the CX-7, paktay

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Mazda CX-7 or Montero Sport 4x2