New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by April_Ryan View Post
    I own the previous generation. If I go the Subaru route, it'll likely be the XV. Though I know that there's a new model coming out later this year. But based on my history, I got my RAV 4 when a facelifted one was about to come out; I got my Forester when the XV was coming out. I'm not really a latest and greatest type of person. Haha.
    The XV and Forester (non turbo) are priced about the same but the Forester offers more interior space and a bigger trunk. If you do want a smaller vehicle, the XV will be just fine. The current Forester is even bigger inside compared to the CX5.

Maybe you can consider the Nissan Xtrail 2WD. It is priced about the same as base trim XV and a mid trim CX3. The Xtrail AWD is priced around 1.5M.

Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    I think the new cx5 is more like the mazda6...
    I think the new CX5 will be the basis for the new platforms of the Mazda3 and Mazda6. The current CX5 shares it platform with the Mazda3. The CX9 shares its platform with the current Mazda6.
    Last edited by Egan101; May 1st, 2017 at 08:19 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post
    Dba mazda 3 and CX5 share the same flatform?

If yes.. do they ride the same? Is the performance the same...
    CX5 shares the platform of the Mz6, the CX3 with the Mz2.
    It's already out. I saw the 2017 model when I visited a showroom last Sunday
    Oh its May na nga pala.

Sent from my P01MA using Tapatalk

Right now, it's looking like I'm leaning more towards the CX-5 of the 3 mentioned here. While I love the CX-3, the low ground clearance is an issue for me.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    I think the new cx5 is more like the mazda6...

No ... it is not ...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Right now, it's looking like I'm leaning more towards the CX-5 of the 3 mentioned here. While I love the CX-3, the low ground clearance is an issue for me.
    Not sure if the CX3 display unit at Mazda North Edsa is a fluke or indicative of the line, but when I inspected it, there were some quality issues for me: wavy carpeting, cheap looking sidings and the rear floor panel that covers the spare tire is warped, ill-fitting and seems to have been soaked in water and dried.

Sent from my P01MA using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The CX-3 has fantastic handling. And is a bit lighter than the 3, so it's peppier off the line (though the 3 has more top-end grunt).

It's an interesting choice if you're looking for a nice "warm" sporting hatch. But the CX-5 is infinitely more practical. Doesn't handle as well (not even the new one), but it's more refined, has a better ride, still handles better than 99% of the crossovers out there, and has much more space in the back. The extra length of the CX-5 over the old one is almost all in the back seat and trunk.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Was back in a Mazda showroom today. Intent on taking a further look at the CX-5, i still ended up drawn to the CX-3. Haha. Darn it. So much for ground clearance and being practical.

I'm trying to convince myself to get the Subaru XV (base model) instead. Priced close to the CX-3 and small-ish but with SUV-ish ground clearance.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Was back in a Mazda showroom today. Intent on taking a further look at the CX-5, i still ended up drawn to the CX-3. Haha. Darn it. So much for ground clearance and being practical.

I'm trying to convince myself to get the Subaru XV (base model) instead. Priced close to the CX-3 and small-ish but with SUV-ish ground clearance.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    I was also in the same dilemma as yours. CX3, Tucson, Sta. Fe and Sportage were my other choices. I ended up with the CX5 though honestly I have not even driven it.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelson de Leon View Post
    I was also in the same dilemma as yours. CX3, Tucson, Sta. Fe and Sportage were my other choices. I ended up with the CX5 though honestly I have not even driven it.

Uy master konsi! May bago ka palang ride dyan! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sientobente View Post
    Uy master konsi! May bago ka palang ride dyan! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Haha! Wala pa. Baka July pa daw because 3 weeks din ang processing sa LTO.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast