New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    good day po mga pros!!!

which is better in terms of comfort, performance, look and off course price wise??? Pros and Cons???

i will be looking for 2nd hand 4x4 truck that will be needed most of the time for hauling and sometimes will be use for family transport since we already have a van.

if you are in my shoes what will you choose?

thanks and god bless!!!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Hilux, definitely the hilux.

Durability and reliability, hilux, its just a bit pricey for a second hand truck
    comfort = new strada
    performance as in power? (the new strada is the most powerful) = strada. pero performance as in off road capability goes to the hilux.

if i were you, id get the hilux. hehe

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Definitely the Hilux.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    noong napanood ko ang KILLING A TOYOTA episode ng TOPGEAR, dun ko napatunayan na ang HiLux ang isa sa pinakamatibay na pick-up truck. grabe, after all of the sudden at the end of the trial, umaandar pa rin yung HiLux, hehehe...!!!

go for the Hilux bro, or you may want also the Isuzu Fuego LS 4x4, it is an Isuzu.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    * sir toyotaparter, sir renzo_d10, sir zap.freedom- thanks for the reply sir. i am in favor of hilux also but then price in the market is high due to high resale value (but still an advantage when planning to resell again). strada is my second pick kaya lang napaisip ako na since used car na and medyo may age na din, hindi po ba mausok na since it is an issue of 4d56 engine correct me i am wrong sir). isuzu fuego is my least pick kasi maingay ang engine, hanggang loob rinig (i drove one last summer 4x2 fuego). the truck will be used din kasi on provincial trips (nueva viscaya).

regarding safety feature mga sir? sino po ang angat?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Kung pangharabas man lang, Fuego ang first choice ko dito.

1. timing gear
    2. matipid sa fuel consumption
    3. matibay kaha
    4. water-fuel separator
    5. mura parts and maintenance

Di bale maingay ang makina. Truck naman.

---

Among the above choices, I will go with Toyota. Nissan next.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What year model and price range are you looking at?

Comfort wise, the Strada is still one of the better ones. For hauling, either the Hilux or Frontier.

Being a pick-up, expect these to be well used so keep your options open and go for one in the best condition.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'd suggest either the Hilux or Fuego. Both sport torquey 2.8L engines though the Fuego has the upper hand due to being turbocharged. I'd be inclined to believe that the 3.2L Frontier would have higher fuel consumption, and the Mazda B2500 has been out for so long and parts may be harder to find as compared to the others. And then again, the Hilux has RIDICULOUSLY high resale value. I'd get the cheaper, more powerful turbocharged and direct injected Fuego. But then again, would you consider the 1st gen Ranger? Off road capabilities and power are among the best in its class.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ Ayun pala, Ford Ranger.

Kung may makukuha ka na Trekker, maganda.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    thank you po mga sir. i will now add isuzu fuego in my top list kaya lang as i was searching sa net, kokonti lang po ang manual na fuego. with regards to ranger, wala po atang manual na 4x4, trekker is 4x2 only (tama po ba ako?). i most prefer manual tranny kasi mas mapipiga yung torque at pampagising during long drives. city traffic ok lang ang manual sa akin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
mazda b2500 vs. nissan frontier(gen 1 ) vs. mitsubishi strada vs. hilux (sr5)