New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    i'm contemplating on whether to buy the high end honda city or the low end civic because the price difference isn't that much. some of the things that makes me want the low end civic are the resale value, it's a new model, and the nice interior and exterior. however, it doesn't have abs, airbags and a security alarm system. the things which i like about the city are the ULT seats, the cvt, and fuel economy. would you guys also have an idea on when the city would mostly have a new model? hope to hear your comments and advice. many thanks!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Are you absolutely sure you want those 2 cars? Read my sig first (click those 2 links below the lemon).

All-new city shouldn't be due for another 2-3 years...

If you like ULT seats the Civic will disappoint since it doesn't even have folding rear seats...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
    Are you absolutely sure you want those 2 cars? Read my sig first (click those 2 links below the lemon).

If you like ULT seats the Civic will disappoint since it doesn't even have folding rear seats...
    i'm also considering a vios 1.5G A/T. however, i'm afraid that a new vios will be out soon. when do you think a new vios will be out?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    i'm also considering a vios 1.5G A/T. however, i'm afraid that a new vios will be out soon. when do you think a new vios will be out?

you want new look try:

hyundai accent
    chevrolet aveo 4 door sedan
    kia rio
    subaru impreza
    ford focus
    honda civic
    Last edited by chuaed; October 8th, 2006 at 01:00 PM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    i'd get a 1.5 CVT jazz.

there's more luggage space than a City or Civic. The aesthetics are better than the City. Handling is better than the City. Safety is better than the low-end Civic (it comes with ABS and airbags).

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    dude id stretched for the 1.8s... the extra safety is worth the money. just save up a bit.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post

Kaw naman psy tinakot mo agad eh! hahaha....

I would go for the civic kasi hinde ko talaga type looks ng city ehh!
    sa vioz naman ok sya matipid sa gas malaks din engine but one thing turns me off the interior nde ko talaga type eh!
    Last edited by Mamar; October 8th, 2006 at 10:11 PM. Reason: .....

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Yeah he should be informed right away of the perils of purchasing a Honda...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    id get the Civic 1.8V and drive safely and slowly! hehe ;)

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    City 1.5 V MT (w/ SRS and ABS) = PHP 700,000.00
    City 1.5 V CVT (w/ SRS and ABS) = PHP 740,000.00
    Civic 1.8 V MT = PHP 767,000.00
    Civic 1.8 V AT = PHP 802,000.00

For pure passenger comfort, I'd get the Civic, even the cheapest model would be fine. We have subsisted with cars before which were devoid of any of the safety features of today such as ABS, airbags, crush zone, etc, so I guess getting the cheapest Civic would be fine even without them unless the extra costs of acquiring is not an issue.

The City feels cramped with little or nil (depending on your size) elbow room and the rear passengers will be cramped (again this depends on the size of the people sitting in front). However, it allows for more utlitarian pursuits bec. of the U.L.T seats.

In the end, a lot really depends on your needs and what you expect to use a vehicle for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
city 1.5 v cvt or civic 1.8 v a/t