New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Hi! Good day!

Iam considering to sell my Mazda 323 Gen2 or swap it to a honda civic hatchback.

I just want to know your thoughts.... Am i gonna be making a mistake?

I am considering to change my 323 to a hatchback mainly because of the following:
    1. Almost the same price range so swappable plus ako cguro
    2. Hatchback parts and accesories are easier to find

any suggestions? Comparisons? And btw i effin love my 323 just that i want to customize a bit.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Same sentiments. I like the Civic hatch and I drive a Mazda Familia. My fears are if ever, I traded my 323 to a Civic, I feared that I would want and miss my Familia again hehehehe

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Yeah. Exactly. I love my car but the options for customization are limited for average guys.

I guess this is a topic nobody wants to touch.

Ive done my own research. So basically everyone said that tbe hatch is good for what i want to do... Which is to customize. According to some guys, a hatch with its stock engine is just there for looks. So they told me na mabibitin lang ako sa hatak lalo na at sanay daw ako sa gen2... So advixe was to swap engine agad or look for a hatch with a swapped engine.

Ang ok lang daw talaga sa hatch compared sa gen2 is custon options and resale value and errr looks. And again Resale value!

Anywho THIS is just based on what i gyhered talking to fellow gar geeks. Im still thinkin about it though... Baka mas cheaper pa to buy an ek if ever na i need to change engines pa.

Thoughts anyone?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    i think mas cheaper pa nga yung EK if you are to count yung hasle and trial and error stage pag nagpalit ka ng makina. But then, parang mas matibay pa ang resale ng hatch kesa sa EK. Ive been seeing EG Hatch from 165-250K range, the 250k being the B16 equipped all powered, gathers interior with nice paint etc. And the 165k being with stock engine a few mods (some indiglos or fancy stereo or already all powered types). But thinking that some models are as old as 92. That's really strong for a resale.

Im thinking of trading my matic Familia too since i already got another matic car acquired lately but for the current market value of our car(130-140k), im going to shell out another (130-140k)amount as the value of my Familia. Eh di mag EG ESi na lang ako. hehehe

Bottomline, if you dont care bout the cost. Worth it naman ang EG hatch

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    you'll miss your mazda, i know i did... never should have sold it
    went from a mazda 323 to a civic fd then to a mazda 3...
    call me crazy but i love my mazda

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gh0st777 View Post
    Just curious, what made you decide switching from Civic FD to Mazda3? I don't have Civic FD but I love these cars both. I already heard some stories from fellow tsikoteers switching from Mazda 3 to Civic FD but I think the opposite thing is rare.
    Last edited by lamborghinione; July 8th, 2010 at 01:25 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I think it is rare. But not impossible. Not all people bows down to Honda.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I for one shifted from Honda (Civic ESi) to Mazda (323 Astina).

As a used car buyer, one thing I don't like about Hondas is their really overpriced tags on the EG hatch and EK sedans.

I mean, you pay a lot (and a lot) for a stock eggy hatch with a slow 1.2 carb engine and no power features just because it is so "in demand" with JDM tuners, raceboys and riceboys and a lot of cult following.

If you're not a Honda head, such overpricing makes you turn your eyes to underpriced, low-resale value Nissan and Mazda who'd give you more features. Bang for the buck, ika nga.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gh0st777 View Post
    There's something about the 323 and it's successor 3/Axela that makes me always want to have one over a Civic of the same generation.

That's despite the persistent underatted "reputation" and their (Mazda's) really low horsepower rating in comparison to other Jap car counterpart.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    I think it is rare. But not impossible. Not all people bows down to Honda.
    count me on. hindi naman dahil sa may bad experience ako sa honda, its just that I don't like their cars that much hehe. I know they built quality cars, its just that they don't appeal to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast