New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Ok, I know that Mazda 3 is already out for 6 years while ford fiesta has just been released here in the Philippines. But lets say that both ford fiesta and Mazda 3 were released at the same time and they are equally priced (because of the discounts that Mazda is offering). Which would you prefer of the two. Thanks in advance mga sir.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ford Fiesta syempre. The Mazda 3 1.6 is pig slow. The Fiesta is smaller in size yet has 15 more horses and 2 more cogs in the transmission. If you're bent on getting the Mazda 3, get the 2.0.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Aside from the engine and transmission, what are the other advantages/disadvantages of both cars? Thanks! :D

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Well... The 3 is one class above the Fiesta and I like its design much more than the Fiesta's. But then that's about it. The Fiesta is the newer car and so, more updated technology is used like the newer engine and dual clutch 6 speed transmission. Although they say that the transmission does not perform as well as they say it would on paper and that it lacks shiftronic, it will still be more efficient in the highway allowing the engine to run at a more relaxed pace. In the case of the Mazda 3, mahina na nga isasakal pa. Kawawa naman... You may want to consider the new Accent as well.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    fiesta ako dito sa dalwa

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    It is impractical to disregard real-life release dates. Even if priced at a huge discount, once the new Mazda 3 is released you'll feel cheated so if you're really cash strapped, go for the Fiesta.

Both offer athletic handling, but I like the fit and finish of Mazda 3 for years to come. As for NVH, Fiesta goes a long way in deadening road noise compared to the Mazda.

For practicality purposes, I'll suggest a Honda Jazz eventhough Honda prices it at a premium. Nothing beats its practicality when it comes to the subcompact class due to its omg-I-can-actually-fit-adults-at-the-rear.

Which reminds me, both Mazda 3 and Fiesta offer abysmal rear leg space. With the M3 (BMW yan joke..), you'll be scraping your knees at the back. With the Fiesta, even more so. But that shouldn't be a problem since judging by your choices, you'll be mostly driving rather than people-hauling.

As a tidbit, since the 2010 Mazda 3 would arrive here late (1 year and a couple of months late), I heard from Mazda Quezon Ave the new one's coming sometime March 2011. But judging by the engine choices on US models, 2.0L na yun standard nila so I expect price to be compete with Lancer EX models. Around 900 grand cguro~

VERDICT: Fiesta. Better FC is a huge bonus.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Thank you mga sirs. That was really my problem din kasi sa Mazda 3 eh, yung anytime next year baka may dumating ng bago.

This would be my first car, kaya gusto ko talaga yung hindi ko pagsisisihan. My previous choice talaga is Mazda 3, then nalaman ko nga na may bago nang model ng mazda 3, so I also checked the Mazda 2 kasi bagong release siya that time. Then after Mazda 2, nalaman ko naman na ilalabas ang ford fiesta.

I am settled na sa fiesta, pero may nag offer lang nang maganda for Mazda 3 kaya I wanted to check again if which is a better choice if we don't consider na may katagalang model na ang Mazda 3. Yung comparison ng specs ng dalawang cars kumbaga. Since I will be the one to drive, or the one sitting beside the driver, I don't mind the rear legroom.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Advantage ng Mazda 3 walang pila, you can get your ASAP and with a big fat discount...

Sa Fiesta, wala na ngang discount ang haba pa ng pila...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    the wise buyers nowadays will look at body size. sa laki ng Mazda3, siguradong gas guzzler na yan.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    The best tip here is to at least give one week worth of car-learning before you jump in on your purchase and DO test drive.

Don't limit yourself with just the Fiestas. You can always check the rarely-seen Chevy Cruze (though I'm still a bit skeptical on the service), maybe a base model Lancer EX (large discounts at hand), or even the soon-to-be-released Elantra which is making waves in the compact car market with Hyundai's bang-per-buck strategy.

For subcompacts, I'm still biased towards the Jazz for practical purposes. Not to mention its age makes haggling discounts easier.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Mazda 3 V (1.6AT) vs. Ford Fiesta (sport)