New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    sensya na medyo alam ko d dapat cla compare..

the mazda is my choice but since my wife is the one going to drive it most of the time kaya sya daw ang magdedecide

we've decided to get your votes in terms of value for money, quality and fuel efficiency

Thanks and more power

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    with your terms, the honda city wins hands down

but for me, i would rather sacrifice some fuel efficiency to drive something that looks better (exterior and interior), bigger, and more to my taste. so mazda 3 for me
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you want to be really practical about this decision... I'll go with the City. the CVT alone is really worth the purchase!

but as for me, I'll go with the Mazda3. handling is light years ahead of the lifeless steering input of the City... for aesthetics, it'll win hands down against the ipis-styled City... and most of all, I'll take a compact sedan over a subcompact sedan any time.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    thanks for the info hehe nacoconvince na ng konti but naging mazda hb vs honda jazz cvt na ang pinagpipilian namin

the price for mazda hb is now 815k will give discount of 15k so 800k na lang,
    while the jazz cvt is 672k walang discount.

parang overprice kasi yung jazz, takot kasi sya sa aftersales and service ng mazda mukhang mahal daw.

quality and technology which is better?

Thanks again

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    quality- Honda pa rin although i have heard some faults with honda lately but Againsts a Ford made car, honda will still win.

Technology- CVT may be the automatic transmission of the future, its basically a better A/T than your regular gear ratio type transmission. So Honda wins in Tech plus the push button gear selector in the steering wheel is cool even if its not needed.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    For me, be it hatchback or sedan, Mazda3 hands down!

the 672K Jazz isnt the VTEC for sure coz its around 750+K which isnt really value for money. looks inside and out favors the Mazda3 as well as the equipments plus its known to have a good handling.

lastly, i dont trust CVTs unless it's chain driven type.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    for fuel efficiency, i'll go with the City. but i'd still get the mazda3. medyo, malakas nga lang daw sa gas. pero pogi naman. :D

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    mazda3 hatchback.

the only edge the jazz has over the mazda is fuel efficiency in this comparo (IMHO po) is fuel efficiency. which to say would be the least of your problems if you have a growing family. kung second car na grocery getter lang, i have no qualms with the jazz. but if it's going to be a daily driver for the family, i'd always get the bigger car.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    City is like a family van, you'll never buy it coz you "want" one, hehe... "need" lang talaga.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hmmm... Sedan vs. Sedan? Depends. Do you usually carry four people or five? If you don't need the space, the City is fine and is a great economy car. My relatives (family of four) use theirs to go to the province (4-5 hour trips) from time to time. Very comfortable, despite being a bit narrower than compacts, as it gives good head and leg room.

But porma vs. porma, the Mazda hatchback against the Jazz hatchback? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... tough choice. While the Mazda hatch does have better steering feedback, the Jazz is quicker and very nimble. It's overpriced, yes, but what hatchback isn't? (except the Picanto... :lol: ). If you're buying a wife car, buy the Jazz 1.5 VTEC. She'll look good driving it, won't have a hard time finding parking, and you'll love driving it yourself when you borrow it from her. The show and the go make up for the higher price, believe me.

If it were me, though, I'd buy myself a Mazda 2.0R, but then, that'd be selfish.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Mazda 3 S vs Honda City CVT