New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Dadalhin ng Mazda Philippines to dito this year at sourced from Thailand ang Mazda2..

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Hey, the L-series is a pretty good engine... though whether it's better than Toyota's small engines is a matter of debate.
    I'm not saying though that L-series is bad. In fact, it's one of Honda's best 4-banger engines aside from the R-series (although the K-series was such a crappy engine series ).

I'm just observing the possibility if Honda can make an engine series that is BETTER THAN THE L-SERIES in all aspects. This would mean better FC, even-lower NVH, improved emission control & more HP and torque (even if slightly).

Same reason for me choosing an R20A over a K20A engine. I'd take the R20 anyday over the noisier and more fuel-guzzling predecessor.

That said, the decision of Honda to release a newer engine series (to succeed the L-series) or not will be a crucial factor (for me) if I should wait for the newer model of the Fit/Jazz or if would just buy the current model available now.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The K-series is only crappy in terms of fuel economy. Kung sa power... ang ganda niya.

But I'm seriously impressed with the R18... if they can get even just 160 - 170 hp out of it, and it's cheaper and more economical than the K20... I wouldn't mind seeing it on top-of-the-line Civics. Of course, they'd have to develop a new head to put on it for Type-R versions.

I understand what you're saying, though... if they keep the L-engine for the next Jazz, there really isn't much reason to wait for it instead of buying the current one.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

may mazda2 na ba dito..

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I understand what you're saying, though... if they keep the L-engine for the next Jazz, there really isn't much reason to wait for it instead of buying the current one.
    Yup, that's what I meant when I said that.

If Honda won't release a newer engine series, what could Honda possibly do to convince me to buy the next-gen model over its predecessor (the "GD")???

SH-AWD on all models??? That would be excellent but it's only available in high-end Honda & Acura vehicles atm. Also, I don't think Honda may want to equip the tech on lower-end cars. Standard HID XENON headlamps via projector method (current model uses multi-reflector oens)??? Possibly.

Also, another thing that makes me attracted to the GD Fit/Jazz is that its 7-speed CVT auto has a 7-speed manual mode that is available in three modes: D-S-L. If remove the feature by only making it available in 'S' mode, then it doesn't feel like the new model would have a better tranny. I mean, why remove/water-down something that's already there?!?!?!?

Oh well, I guess I'll really have to see if the next-gen model would convince me not to choose its predecessor.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    sana ilabas ung mazda2 dito, sana din wag mahal.

ung mazda5, i've heard ilalabas daw dito by mid aug 07 or 08 ata? pero not sure.

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    depende nalang cguro kc yung jazz ok naman sya e roomy naman, madalas nakakarga ako ng mga stocks ko and for sunday family car din. unlike the yaris and swift or picanto. d pag ni fold mo na yung mga upuan d pa din kcing spacious ng jazz. sana sa bagong model ng jazz e ganun din or mas roomy pa. or kahit sa mazda 2.

sympre pag bibili kayo ng kotse dapat double purpose,
    for pleasure and business para sulit

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    Honda Jazz pa rin.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Mazda Philippines preparing to launch the Mazda 2? Cx-7?

http://www.mazda.com.ph/about-mazda/about-movie.aspx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Mazda 2  vs.  Honda Jazz/Fit