New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    we are planning to buy a second hand car.. gusto ko manual tyranny.. yung kasing dati thread puro matic eh.. pls. help me decide kung ano ang better between those 2?? pls help me d ako makapag decide between those 2..
    virgin pa kasi ako pagdating sa mga sedans..

which is better to buy?
    1. fuel efficient
    2. space/performance
    3. interior/exterior

pahabol..
    may manual bang VTIs??

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Kung performance ang paguusapan, di naman siguro magkalayo ang performance nyang 2 auto, sa akin lang napapangitan ako sa mga Civic 2001 model and up. The last Civic na ok sakin yung porma is the SIR body. Maintenance wise, mas mahal magmaintain ng Honda kesa Toyota.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boy2fast View Post
    we are planning to buy a second hand car.. gusto ko manual tyranny.. yung kasing dati thread puro matic eh.. pls. help me decide kung ano ang better between those 2?? pls help me d ako makapag decide between those 2..
    virgin pa kasi ako pagdating sa mga sedans..

which is better to buy?
    1. fuel efficient
    2. space/performance
    3. interior/exterior

pahabol..
    may manual bang VTIs??
    Fuel Efficiency..
    Too close to call. Both cars are on the same range.

Space
    The Altis wins hands down. Although on the performance, the Civic has more HP, although the Altis is not that bad either.

Interiors
    I like the Civic. I really don't like the wood panel interiors of Altis (eto ata yung Altis na 1.8G)

Exterior.
    I also like the styling of the Civic.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by boy2fast View Post

which is better to buy?
    1. fuel efficient - altis
    2. space/performance - altis
    3. interior/exterior - altis
    highly recommended yung altis, bro.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    thanks...sa mga info about the cars.............

what is the difference of the altis model.... 1.6G, 1.6J and 1.6E?? in terms of price medyo malayo ata ang 1.6G... ano ba ang special sa 1.6G?? hw about 1.6E n J is a good buy for 2nd hand?? mga bosing reply nyo makakatulong ng malaki..

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    1.6G is the highest model of the 1.6 series follow up E then the last is J. yung G is already disc brake for front and rear while yung E and J still drum break sa rear. G has 2 airbag, E has 1 for driver side while J has non. no ABS for J.

check mo nalang sa motioncars.com yung features ng tatlong model. hth.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We have both the Altis 1.6J m/t and a Civic 1.5 LXi m/t.

Space goes to the Civic (Esp. for the rear passengers), top end power is still a Civic domain but the Altis is more peppy in the low to mid range.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    id get the Civic VTi.

the Altis 1.6J is the equivalent of the Civic VTi as the Altis 1.6E is to Civic VTi-S.

Fuel efficiency is about the same. But, do remember that the Civic has 14hp advantage over the Altis. During acceleration, having those extra 14horses surely will help.

Performance. I like the tranny of the Civic better. Shifting is a 'can't-miss' thing with the Civic unlike that of the Corollas. The suspension of the Civic esp. in the rear is much more sophisticated than the Altis too. It was even ingeniously placed that it helped to achieve a perfectly flat rear floor for the passengers. Makes it not just roomier but also more comfy. That good rear suspension plus the choice of a better tire compared with its rival Altis (185/65R15 vs 185/70R14 for Altis), makes up for a good handling too.

Looks. That is subjective. IMO, that is where i like the Altis better.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    mga bosing thanks sa mga info niyo..
    now i already tested drive both..

i'l go for civic...
    tnx................

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    mga bosing.... may manual transmission ba ang VTIs model 01-04?? kasi someone selling his VTIs 01model.. and he said it was a manual tyranny.. kasi ito palang ang nakitang kong M/T na VTIs...

manual 1.6 altis 02 or civic 1.6 vti 02 manual?