New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Which 1998 Mid-Size Sedan Will You Choose?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Honda Accord

3 23.08%
  • Mitsubishi Galant

2 15.38%
  • Nissan Cefiro

5 38.46%
  • Toyota Camry

3 23.08%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Camry? I don't know... anyone here ever own one?

If you get an Accord, don't get a slushbox... driving an old AT Accord has to rank as one of the worst experiences of my life.

Galant - underchassis nga? wonderful ball joints on that. A friend had to replace his three times.

Cefiro... cooling problems and head gasket problems... It's ugly once they start popping gaskets and overheating (if the previous owner didn't maintain them properly), as there's lots of nice shiny plastic bits for that heat to melt...

Otherwise, I prefer it most amongst those listed, comfortable ride, big interior, nice and intimidating road presence.

Mazda 626 - funky aircon (rotating vents, cool!), nice, low stance, good ride, good handling (for a midsizer), just a pain-in-the-ass to buy parts for.

Why not the Altima? Looks like a bulbous not-compact-not-midsize car, but I love that engine.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    niky,
    Sorry, tinanong lang din sa akin ito. Hindi din pwede M/T. AFAIK, hindi marunong mag-drive ng M/T.

The 'smaller' 2.0's (Altima and Corona) are not in the selection criteria.

Ang hanap lang po dito ay luxurious, reliable, cost-effective (for an M-Class) transportation for a non-enthusiast (a person who would not mind if all the tires were Goodyear NCT3's. ).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Engine codes?

Only know some:

Cefiro - VQ20DE - not shared

Altima - SR20DE - shared with Sentra/Pulsar (US/Japan) and Serena QRVR. QRV's engine is distributorless, though. SR18DE - obviously, smaller, uses different gearbox (tighter) and slightly different intake equipment.

Mazda 626 - FSDE - shared with Lynx RS, but Lynx version is distributorless, with different intake manifold and tighter gearbox

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Then the guy just ought to buy the Camry... ... I can't think of whether a non-enthusiast would put up with the quirks and hassles of the other cars or not...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    niky, ano nga ba ang body code ng mazda 626 sold dito sa ten? tnx

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi kaya mahirap ang piyesa ng Camry? They didn't exactly sell a boatload full of that model (the one with the rubbermaid nose). The early ones did have a rear foglamp (very Euro!).

Any idea on the ballpark going rates of these sedans assuming between model years '98-'00?

Non-enthusiast pero hindi din dependent sa casa. Does not really care about driving dynamics but may alam din ng konti sa sasakyan kahit papaano.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    mas marami pa siguro pyesa yung 2002-2006 Camry dyan kesa sa 97 model ata eh.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    how about kung umusog pa ng konti ang edad? prior to 98, ano na ang picks nyo?

94-97 Mitsubishi Galant SS 2.0 I-4/VR 2.0 V6

93-97 Toyota Corona 2.0 EX Saloon/2.0 Exsior

93-97 Nissan Altima 1.8SS/2.0SSS/SSS-G

94-97 Honda Accord 2.0 EXi/2.2VTi/2.2VTi-L

93-99 Mazda 626 GLX (local)

*hatchback model shown...very Holden-ish in appearance IMO.*

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    *basti, the 626's you see running around are GE bodies.

the GG is the mazda6/atenza.

*OTEP,

i would go with the Galant or the Cefiro. the 2.0L Galant uses the 4G63 engine which is used in vehicles as diverse as the Lancer 2.0 and the Adventure

as for the Cefiro, it's a VQ20DE 2.0L V6. probably harder to maintain than a 4-banger. but with the tumataginting na value proposition of rock-bottom resale value (2.0L, gas guzzler, tapos nissan pa!) same thing with the 626 (although the 626 is in the same size class as the Altima, so medyo out na siya)

the Accord uses the H22A 2.2L engine if i'm not mistaken, also a 4-banger. I would expect the Accord and Camry to have the most expensive parts.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Wala pa atang nag-vote sa Galant. Anyways, my vote goes with the Accord very closely followed by the Cefiro.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
M-Class Sedans Circa 1998