New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Those two are surely newer designs, but no, I don't like them. They're striking but not handsome.

I'm pretty sure the Sorento will age better over 3-5 years than either of the two. I also think the Sorento will even age better than the Sportage even if the Sportage is such a pretty car, just by virtue of it being less daring.
    Agree! It will probably age better coz it looks more conservative. You kinda appreciate the simplicity in a sea of aggressively designed suvs.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    The Sorento is so unpopular, almost no one will notice how old the model is.
    I wouldn't say unpopular coz that sounds like it had a problem. But surely it was a less popular choice coz of its relatively simplistic design and sky high price for a Korean not with an H badge. Not really a perfect combination.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Actually I've been seeing quite a number of Sorentos on the road. Given its initial sky-high pricing, I'd say the car sold well.

Now that they've released even cheaper models, I think more people would give the car a try. Especially the 1.330M diesel. Yung 1.09M na gas, I'm sure lalangawin din yan unless the SA gets to convince the buyer that the low SRP is enough to offset the absurd fuel expenses given the 2.4L engine.

I don't think the Philippine market will be receptive to a 1 million peso gas guzzler.
    The p1.230/p1.330m sorentos would probably sell well. Can't discount that engine! Plus for a small premium over the diesel Sportage, you get more room and a better ride.

The 2.4L gas isn't a great idea. It should be thirsty. Eto yung pwede if you really must have a sorento at all costs.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29

The p1.230/p1.330m sorentos would probably sell well. Can't discount that engine! Plus for a small premium over the diesel Sportage, you get more room and a better ride.

The 2.4L gas isn't a great idea. It should be thirsty. Eto yung pwede if you really must have a sorento at all costs.
    Sorento is only marketable to people like me bec I own a Santa Fe. its 1.2M price tag for the manual is good deal coz I know how light it is too run a 2.2 Hyundai/Kia CRDi. and bec I have a fit body also, I have no qualms driving a Mid SUV MT in traffic. In fact, I am challenged to the idea of driving a MT CRDi for years to come.

sir Otep is right, Sorento is unpopular. Even with the bare prices, it cannot compete with the non- VGT Montero w/c is still 60k cheaper. Macho at mataas pa and its a Mitsu - the maker of the Fieldmaster.

even the Santa Fe has no match for the volume of Montero Sport in the roads considering 2006 pa ang Sta Fe pero ang Montero is 2009.

If Kia wants to sell volume of the bare Sorento diesels, then yan SRP na yan should still be fkexible, to steal sales of non-VGT Montero. and do take note Hindi ganun ka bare ang Bare Montero, may roof rails din ata sya as well as touch HU. even if Sorento is E-VGT and Montero is no VGT, walang weight yan. In fact mas magastos pa nga maintain ng EVGT cos it requires more engine oil. My Santa Fe is VGT, 6 liters change oil, pero yun SF na EVGT 8 liters na. and since this Sorento is eVGT, malamang 8 liters din yan. Add to the fact that E-VGt is more gas guzzler. Yun Tucson ni * SG na EVGt, mas malakas pa FC sa SF ko, considering mas liit nman body ng Tucson.

who needs EVGt in Manila traffic so dun pa LNG talo na ang Kia in 2 worlds cmpared sa bare montero - price and fuel efficiency.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    Yun Tucson ni * SG na EVGt, mas malakas pa FC sa SF ko, considering mas liit nman body ng Tucson
    There is a difference.

I rev till 4500RPM. And my car is 4WD and the weight is almost the same as the SF. Premium eh daming features.

Pero yung Santa Fe eVGT 9.8km/L ang daily average nun kasama pa EDSA rush hour traffic.

Nasa driver yan, OB.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234