New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Hello po,

Just asking for your advise. We're going to buy a new car for the family. We're looking for a van because the family is big. We're presently awaiting the approval from BPI for a newly introduced MPV China brand, BAIC's Wevan MZ40. But it's been weeks now and still has no development. So I was again looking at Isuzu's Crosswind LT/MT variants. The overall cost of the vehicle we are looking is around 500K to 800K only. The price for the Wevan is 488K which doesn't include the Insurance while Crosswind is at 800+K all-in. The Wevan is similar to Suzuki APV. Our choices is not limited to these two vehicle, any recommendation is highly appreciated with consideration that it has to be new, performance and less problematic when it comes to maintenance later on.

Thanks in advance!
    Louie

2. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    why not get a 2nd hand innova?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Erick Chavez View Post
    why not get a 2nd hand innova?
    or a second hand starex?
    but i would also go for an innova.
    a 2015 mitsu adventure also fits in your budget, kaya lang medyo luma na.... however, ok din ito dahil nag coconsider ka naman ng crosswind eh.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    how big is your family?
    innova seats 5 real adults and 2 small children. any more at magkakandungan na kayo.
    starex seats 7-8 adults.
    urvan and hiace, 9 siguro.
    mitsu rosa, 21 yata.
    any more and you have to get another (second) vehicle..

at your price limit, you will probably have to go second-hand..

the wevan at 488K ?? let us just say, i am not impressed by the chinese cars..

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    You can get ertiga, avanza, adventure crosswind. Or 2nd hand innova

Base variant ng ertiga 619k less 50k. So 569k lang. Konti dagdag lang from wevan

6. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Kung mag second hand. Nissan urvan na lang. Lalo na big family

7. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    2nd hand montero at around 800k can accommodate 7.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    From what I can see, Chinese commercial vehicles are not very desirable just yet. Whenever I visit my mechanic, I see quite a number of rather new Chinese vans and trucks being fixed. The mechanics tell me that while the engine itself (usually a licensed Isuzu copy) seems to be faring well, other parts like the aircon system, alternator, clutch and many other parts I cannot presently recall either fail prematurely or perform poorly. Oftentimes, if the car is a Japanese clone, they tend to replace them with actual Japanese Isuzu or Toyota parts. Many Chinese trucks also experience rust problems. If the Chinese car is an original Chinese design (and not a Japanese or Korean clone), you face the problem of sourcing parts. Spare parts would be virtually nonexistent outside of the casa.

How big is the family? I'd go with either a Starex or a LWB Carnival, if 2nd hand options are being considered. If even those are not big enough, there are the 15-seater FB-type vans like the Mitsubishi L200, Toyota Hilux FX and Isuzu Flexiqube.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Checkout Innova, Urvan, Grandia, Starex in that order.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I would prefer a used Japanese or Korean branded cars any day against a brand new China vehicle. May budget ka naman up to 800k, I'd go for a brand new Adventure GX or the most basic Crosswind kung pasok sa budget.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast