New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    My budget is 300k and i'm choosing among a toyota vios 2013 below, kia picanto 2015 below and hyundai eon 2016 below. My daily travel is around 100km back and forth (tagaytay-alabang) Size and comfort doesn't matter, I'm after parts availability, fuel efficiency, durable enough and cheap to maintain. I will be replacing my ever reliable beater kia pride. It doesn't give me headaches up to now when it comes to maintenance because it is cheap to maintain but it's really ageing and consumes 10L/Km without aircon and just easy driving during my daily travel. My 1st choice is eon since i've read that it is very fuel efficient and i see a lot of eons travelling to tagaytay and even in batangas with 4-5 adults onboard. 2nd is picanto because i like the looks and last is vios because of parts availabilty but not much in the looks department. TIA guys!

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by japstick View Post
    My budget is 300k and i'm choosing among a toyota vios 2013 below, kia picanto 2015 below and hyundai eon 2016 below. My daily travel is around 100km back and forth (tagaytay-alabang) Size and comfort doesn't matter, I'm after parts availability, fuel efficiency, durable enough and cheap to maintain. I will be replacing my ever reliable beater kia pride. It doesn't give me headaches up to now when it comes to maintenance because it is cheap to maintain but it's really ageing and consumes 10L/Km without aircon and just easy driving during my daily travel. My 1st choice is eon since i've read that it is very fuel efficient and i see a lot of eons travelling to tagaytay and even in batangas with 4-5 adults onboard. 2nd is picanto because i like the looks and last is vios because of parts availabilty but not much in the looks department. TIA guys!
    mirage hatch daming repo sa PSBank kahit sa Carmudi marami din around 300k.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    mirage hatch daming repo sa PSBank kahit sa Carmudi marami din around 300k.
    Agree on this one. Just make sure to bring a very good mechanic when you can check the car para wala sakit nang ulo.

Ganda nang makina nang mirage, matipid pa talaga.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    mukhang ok din pALA Iyong toyota wigo. mabilis at durable all things considered

this long weekend lang may kasama kami sa convoy papunta sa mga bukid at dagat ng mindoro na hindi commercialized kaya puro dirt road ang dinaanan namin paglabas ng mga main roads. kayang kaya niya makipag sabayan sa mga suv at pick-up. i was actually amazed considering the caucasian driver weighed something like 250 lbs tapos may kasama pa siya

even during the long straightaways of the nautical highway hindi naiiwan iyong wigo. it was always in the middle of the pack because the driver didn't want to be left behind. baka daw mapagkamalan na pedophile since nasa mindoro na siya (w/c is unfortunately plagued by pedophilia), tapos puti pa
    Last edited by baludoy; May 2nd, 2017 at 11:38 AM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by japstick View Post
    get the vios. matibay. maraming piyesa. mura maintenance.
    i have a wigo. but it's a city car. matagtag. i find it tiring, for long drives. also, medyo maliit sa loob if you have 5 people.
    300K will get you the much-better-riding altis, which is what i ultimately recommend to you. i drive a 2003 AT, myself. ang sarap sa slex!
    Last edited by dr. d; May 2nd, 2017 at 10:46 AM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2016
    +1 kay sir *Ry_Tower ;)

7. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i have a wigo. but it's a city car. matagtag. i find it tiring, for long drives. also, medyo maliit sa loob if you have 5 people.
    300K will get you the much-better-riding altis, which is what i ultimately recommend to you. i drive a 2003 AT, myself. ang sarap sa slex!
    +1 for this. And since may nabanggit si OP, na nakakita siya ng mga Eon na may sakay na 4-5 people. May possibility na may balak syang gayahin sila, for occassional trips etc.

Kaya hindi din masama if iconsider mo yung mga sinabi ni *dr. d; Vios or the 2003 AT Altis. Kayang kaya 4-5 katao (hindi yung kinakaya, pag matarik), may space ka pa for luggage sa trunk.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    Dr d, may idea ka magkano palagay ng fog lamp ng altis 2007? Gusto ko palagay fog lamp j version lang kasi tong nakuha namin. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    A 2nd gen Vios or an early Altis fits your budget. But I guess you will have more value for money if you get the Altis.

Bring a mechanic with you.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    hi guys thanks for the suggestions. hindi ko type yun cutesy face ng mirage compared sa ichura ng picanto same with wigo hindi ko din type and talking of matagtag e wala na yatang mas tatagtag pa sa kia pride ko :D mas fuel efficient ba ang mirage compared to eon?

I don't have plans on loading 4-5 persons pero sa mga nakikita ko naman hindi naman hirap yun eon at naka-aircon pa sila. I just said that kasi ibig sabhin kaya pala. i even saw an eon with 4 adults climbing the sungay road from talisay up to tagaytay while i'm climbing with my bike pero hindi na sila naka-aircon but the engine sounds normal. kung un kia ko yun e galit na galit na makina medyo di na din kasi ok ang compression.

the problem with altis naman is aabutan na ako ng mga ipapagawa same with 2013 vios kaya nag-aalangan ako sa mga older cars tsaka medyo mahal ata parts ng altis at hindi na matipid sa gas that's why i'm thinking of eon or picanto kasi mas bago bago makukuha for 300k or less.

If eon is not worth it then i would gladly cross it out of my list.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast