New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I noticed in a lot of threads, people consider acceleration as a point of discussion when comparing cars. While horsepower talk is all good on paper, it doesn't always paint an accurate picture (not even WHP). 0-100 times are more indicative, and it would be nice if we had a live list of 0-100 times as objectively measured by local auto journalists.

I know that Niky, GH, and the COTY team have this on hand. Wonder if they can share it with us, the lowly motoring public . Hopefully COTY will release results this year, like they did last year..

OT: Odd that Tsikot forums don't allow linking of stuff from Kotse dot com.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Guilty ako dito. Haha. I always look for 0-100 times when considering a car.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I noticed in a lot of threads, people consider acceleration as a point of discussion when comparing cars. While horsepower talk is all good on paper, it doesn't always paint an accurate picture (not even WHP). 0-100 times are more indicative, and it would be nice if we had a live list of 0-100 times as objectively measured by local auto journalists.

I know that Niky, GH, and the COTY team have this on hand. Wonder if they can share it with us, the lowly motoring public . Hopefully COTY will release results this year, like they did last year..

OT: Odd that Tsikot forums don't allow linking of stuff from Kotse dot com.

Very Interesting topic po ito sir jut703,

karamihan po ng naghahanap ng sasakyan (this modern era), yun po is always the 0-100KPH (0-60MPH)

sa akin po in my personal reply and honest opinion
    15 secs. is safe enough to reach a 100KPH, w/o stressing the engine/transmission, na hindi pinaabot sa redline,
    (1st-2nd-3rd gear, MT and 3000 RPM) kung kaya ng 12 secs. considered na po ito na fast vehicle.

to "break-away" sa mga PUV vehicles na kumakarera sa public road/highway specially sa "EDSA"

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by playplugg View Post
    Very Interesting topic po ito sir jut703,

karamihan po ng naghahanap ng sasakyan (this modern era), yun po is always the 0-100KPH (0-60MPH)

sa akin po in my personal reply and honest opinion
    15 secs. is safe enough to reach a 100KPH, w/o stressing the engine/transmission, na hindi pinaabot sa redline,
    (1st-2nd-3rd gear, MT and 3000 RPM) kung kaya ng 12 secs. considered na po ito na fast vehicle.

to "break-away" sa mga PUV vehicles na kumakarera sa public road/highway specially sa "EDSA"
    For me, "12 seconds" and "fast vehicle" cannot come together in one sentence.

That said, personally anything that can go 0-100kph in less than 8 seconds is already "fast enough" for me.

sub-4 seconds is already supercar territory and most sports car you have there in the PH can do 5 to 6ish.

P.S. My sorento can do 6.8 in nil to a hundred.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by greatauror28 View Post
    Is your Sorento a 2.2 CRDi? What mods do you have? 0-100 for the Sorento CRDi is around 9.5 sec, as tested both locally and internationally. A 2.7 sec gap is huge.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    6.8 0-100kph on a sorento.:bwahaha: sorry but unless it's heavily modified it would be impossible.

anyway tons of cars these days can reach 0-100kph in 10seconds or less the better question is their trap speed. i've seen cars that can reach 0-100kph in 8-10 seconds but then needs another 8-10seconds just to add 30-50 more kph. for me anything that can reach 0-100kph is good enough for my needs. if we're talking about sports cars then that's a totally different story then.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by greatauror28 View Post

is this a typo? baka you meant 9.8 secs? the 2.2 crdi sorento has tops 9.6 secs (or maybe even 9.5 secs as jut703 has posted). the gas sorento 2.4 afaik is slower at 10.7 secs.

sabagay yung sorento ko na sticker lang ng subdivision ang mods mas mabilis pa dyan, 0-100kph in just 3.4 seconds. . pababa lang nga, sa bangin
    Last edited by yebo; April 29th, 2014 at 09:42 AM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'll see what I can dig up. Have a lot of 0-100 times... but a lot of the older ones got lost when bigbigcar crashed. (Sayang).

The Sorento 2.2 with front-wheel drive will do the deed in just under 9 seconds with a good launch. The V6 might hit 8... and MIGHT go under 7 seconds to 60 mph... which is a different deal from 100 km/h (62). In my experience the variance between the two numbers can be between 0.5 to 1 second (longer if your car is ungodly slow) because of the 2nd-3rd gearshift on most cars.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    Under 7secs na V6 Sorento in the states yata yan mga sir.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I'll see what I can dig up. Have a lot of 0-100 times... but a lot of the older ones got lost when bigbigcar crashed. (Sayang).

The Sorento 2.2 with front-wheel drive will do the deed in just under 9 seconds with a good launch. The V6 might hit 8... and MIGHT go under 7 seconds to 60 mph... which is a different deal from 100 km/h (62). In my experience the variance between the two numbers can be between 0.5 to 1 second (longer if your car is ungodly slow) because of the 2nd-3rd gearshift on most cars.
    Perhaps we could have a Google Doc or a permanently editable Tsikot post where you can post the data per segment (i.e. Mid-Range Compact that has numbers for the Altis G, Mz3 V, Sylphy 1.6, etc).

Then if something new comes up it's easy to add

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast