New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Are you guys interested in either a Lexus, a Mercedes-Benz, or BMW? Meron akong tanong, which medium sedan is better? The Lexus IS, Mercedes-Benz C-Class or a BMW 3-series? It's okey if you give me short simple answers of your choice.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I don't really like the IS, it looks so "trying hard" in the face of the Benz and the Bimmer. I'd only get the C-class as long as its not the sport model (I don't like the big star in the middle of the grill). The 3 series is a good choice, but keep in mind that the current model has been around for quite a while now, a new model might be on the horizon.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    If brand new, the IS300 is the best value for money if you ask me. Nice features and very fun to drive.

But then, by now, there are probably many pre-owened C-class and 3-series so you use that point when negotiating for your new car.

4. Join Date
    May 2008

boss sa mga reviews, discussions, test drives, etc, sa tingin ko ang best buy sa tatlo eh lexus...overall performance... pero kung specific, ang MB mas nagfocus sa comfort, technology, styling; ang BMW focuses more on performance naman, sporty ang ride(mas matagtag kesa sa MB), mas low-maintenance kesa MB, at mas mura; ang lexus pinaka-comfortable gamitin sa lahat, yun nga lang sya yata ang pinakamalakas sa gas sa tatlo eh, high-maintenance din, hirap pa humanap ng parts(import pa kung walang available), medyo palyado din ang ibang gadgetry and technology ng lexus...pinakamahirap pa intindihin ang lexus...hehe yan po madalas na nababasa, naririnig, etc ko sa mga review eh...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    but lexus is a just a toyota, whatever it does, it will never be a german luxury sedan.

1. Audi A4 TDI Quattro
    2. BMW 3-series 320d
    3. C-Class Petrol or CDI (any BlueEfficiency Model)
    Last edited by Horsepower; April 4th, 2009 at 10:24 PM.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Well in the low end mas maganda nga mga Germans pero sa high end mas gusto ko Lexus LS kaysa MB S Class and BMW 7...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well, i test drove all three of these cars about 6 months ago. i thought i would be purchasing a 335i but ended up buying the more go-kart like 135i instead.

Lexus - when you look at the quality of the materials and interior, it really is very close to BMW and MB. it wasn't this way before, when the IS was very much a tarted up Toyota Altezza. it has more power than the MB, but less than the ridiculously fast 335i.

MB - still the standard for luxury in this segment. i don't like some of the styling but if you like it, this is the best luxury cruiser in the bunch

BMW - the twin turbo 335i is the runaway winner for me in this segment. it's not even close. the power is crazy, and the ride is the perfect blend of luxury and performance (handling is typical razor-sharp BMW, not as comfy as the Benz but good enough). but if you would be going with the 325i or 320i, the Bimmer loses much of its advantage, and i might go with the Lexus IS300 or 350 instead. but 325i vs. IS250, i would go with the 325i.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by empy View Post
    well, i test drove all three of these cars about 6 months ago. i thought i would be purchasing a 335i but ended up buying the more go-kart like 135i instead.

Lexus - when you look at the quality of the materials and interior, it really is very close to BMW and MB. it wasn't this way before, when the IS was very much a tarted up Toyota Altezza. it has more power than the MB, but less than the ridiculously fast 335i.

MB - still the standard for luxury in this segment. i don't like some of the styling but if you like it, this is the best luxury cruiser in the bunch

BMW - the twin turbo 335i is the runaway winner for me in this segment. it's not even close. the power is crazy, and the ride is the perfect blend of luxury and performance (handling is typical razor-sharp BMW, not as comfy as the Benz but good enough). but if you would be going with the 325i or 320i, the Bimmer loses much of its advantage, and i might go with the Lexus IS300 or 350 instead. but 325i vs. IS250, i would go with the 325i.
    Oh really? Consider the IS-F, C63 AMG or a M3 (either a sedan or a coupe variant, but yes, the M3 sedan exists), I mean which one is the best? Think about it.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    empy FTW! O RX330 na lang kaya?

Magkakano ba ang mga nabanggit na IS, C-class, at 3-series na yan?

How about this?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I dont really like the Lexus IS. Sir Tidus has a point, BMW 3 series is out quite some time now, so better yet wait for the next release. If I were to pick, I'd pick the Mercedes Benz C350 Avantgarde. I know it's pricey but the AMG look that it's bringing is just worth it. It looks like an executive sedan, with a sporty look. If money doesn't bother you, then pick the c350.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast