New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd stick with the Pajero. The M-ASTC system makes it virtually brainless to drive off-road. It just keeps going! Perfect for those who are not seasoned off-roaders who suddenly find themselves in a low traction situation.

For road use, four wheel independent suspension and a stiff monocoque chassis are hard to beat. Third seat is a disappearing type. Interior is easy to keep clean.

Local Prado is too bare for the price. Unless you really love Toyotas.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    makakalamang yung prado sa serious offroad kasi solid axle pa sa likod, the pajero is independent all around, and for the same reason, mahihirapan yung pajero to fit large tires without changing the suspension links, etc.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yep, but stock for stock the Pajero is a no-brainer in light to semi-serious stuff. The Prado will only go its full potential with a good driver. The Pajero is point and shoot.

GEN III's are lifted by inserting a spacer between the subframe (where the suspension is attached) and the monocoque chassis. Parang body lift but of a different kind.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    The only thing that will lure me into the Prado is Toyota reliability. If the Pajero proves to be bulletproof in the long run, this is certainly the choice. You get 3.2-liters of displacement (vs. 3.0 for the Prado I think), better technology in DI-D (against non D-4D), a more macho body and, as one said, better interior space.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    my cousin got the new pajero. Hinatid niya ako sa airport. Found it unusually noisy. Or maybe I was expecting too much.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    otep: ahhh i see. so yun pala workaround dun aside from chaging the independent suspension arms.

altec: imo the prado's nvh levels are a tad better than the pajero's, so i'd say you were expecting too much. :D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd go with the Pajero... has a lot more goodies than the Prado - mainly its Di-D engine & M-ASTC feature.

And oh... didn't the Pajero win again the last Dakar Rally?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    A Pajero. Simply because, for the same price as the Prado, I could get this tricked-out Pajero.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    hayy...

kahit gen 1 paj vs. latest prado... give me the money and i will buy gen 1 paj...

hahahaha...

PAJERO of course...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    LandCruiser PRADO

pwde din Landcruiser lng

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
landcruiser prado vs. pajero Di-D